aberdeen-music

werewolf corps release#2 : mausoleum hymns

steve corps

cdr 1 of 2 with handpainted, numbered covers limited to twenty.the covers of both combine to give a complete painting corresponding to the number.just wanted to do something a bit different from your average bullshit local release.its musically a collision of disembowlment, skepticism and i suppose some my dying bride scraping against a rusty hacksaw.kinda.

2 from my hands or 2 with SAE to be posted out.half are laid aside already so its purely up to people to seek these out, they wont happen again.email or whatever.

steve

werewolf corps

hmmm, fairly creepy sounding. downloaded mausoleum hymn and werewolf corps, more interested in the second one, perhaps just cos it was more compact. not a million miles away from fantomas's delirium cordia, if anyone else likes that sort of stuff. i liked a lot of the time stretched sounding things, cool sounds. are you distorting the vocals with a guitar distortion or just very close to the mic, or is it a pc effect, or something else? you can get some good vocal sounds by plugging a mic through a distortion pedal, then into a cheap compressor with a really harsh noise gate and then through a guitar flanger or chorus pedal. liked some of the keyboard/synth sounds near the end of mausoleum hymns too.

hmmm' date=' fairly creepy sounding. downloaded mausoleum hymn and werewolf corps, more interested in the second one, perhaps just cos it was more compact. not a million miles away from fantomas's delirium cordia, if anyone else likes that sort of stuff. i liked a lot of the time stretched sounding things, cool sounds. are you distorting the vocals with a guitar distortion or just very close to the mic, or is it a pc effect, or something else? you can get some good vocal sounds by plugging a mic through a distortion pedal, then into a cheap compressor with a really harsh noise gate and then through a guitar flanger or chorus pedal. liked some of the keyboard/synth sounds near the end of mausoleum hymns too.[/quote']

hey.vocals are part recorded live using a cheap plastic mic through a fender practise amp and some are directly into my old 466 then given a wash of distortion via adobe audition.i originally planned to run them through a pedal but lack of batteries changed that plan.my voice is naturally loud when i roar anyway so that helps.synth stuff is me freewheeling on absynth and the rest is a combination of sampled sounds (the intro is 3 seconds each from an esoteric/voivod track stretched and manipulated to 3 minutes!) and hours in the dark reciting morbid peoms drinking rum.

cheers for having a listen, thanks for the advice and comments.

steve.

Hi Steve. Id really like a copy of each of them - is the first one different from the version you already passed on to me? If its got different artwork or whatever then il be geeky enough to want a copy! Il give you cash next time i see you in one up/ at valhella or whatever.

cheers' date='

Rory.[/quote']

aye aye rory.

the one you have is entirely seperate from these two, i'll stop past one up next week mate with a copy for you.

steve.