aberdeen-music

Palace of Swords

Palace of Swords

• 4 weeks later...
Palace of Swords are going to be in session on Manfred Jacobeit's Radio Rheinwelle show, 20:00 to 23:00 CET, Sunday 12th December.

For those unfortunates not living in Germany, the show will also be available as an online stream.

Here's a link: Radio Rheinwelle 92,5 : Start

Excellent, I look forward to listening to this after picking up your CD :up:

• 3 weeks later...

A brief, but rather complimentary review from the latest edition of Ice Cream for Quo:

Palace of Swords (5-track 3 inch CD, Reverb Worship, RW137)

Spaced out, beautiful instrumentals. I wish they went on longer. (Maybe next time they could stretch out and make a full length Zeit-type epic?) When the vocals arrive, they sound like they're coming from another galaxy. Highly recommended. (More info from the Reverb Worship website)

Here's the link:

Ice Cream For Quo magazine - Ice Cream For Quo magazine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello again Aberdeen Music,

Just a quick note to say that our track The White Goddess (Part 1) is featured on the cassette compilation Don't Drop it in the Dustbin Volume 2 (Recycled Handmade Records, Germany). I'm not entirely sure about the availability of this in the UK, but I shall endeavour to find out.

Oh, and John Cavanagh played I am Peter the Hermit (Part 2) on his Soundwave show this week as well.

Palace of Swords

Do you guys have a bandcamp by any chance? I've listened to "The Black Lodge will Rise Again" on yr soundcloud and was wanting to hear more. I hate myspace nowadays due to it's mental layout and horrible videos/pop-ups that interrupt listening to music.

Are you planning on gigging any time?

John Cavanagh gave you a nice wee review in the Melody Bar

Palace of Swords - s/t 3" cdr (Reverb Worship) 4

Palace of Swords hail from Aberdeen, Scotland and this 5 song e.p. is a highly endearing collection. At times it's like minimalism meets the Jesus and Mary Chain; at others the clarity and space surrounding the cyclic guitar lines is making me think of Rothko. There's low-key vocals, sung and spoken, and such delights as a fuzzed up Theremin. Now, who couldn't be doing with one of those! 40 copies only, so I wouldn't hang around. (JC)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...