aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Palace of Swords

Palace of Swords

Palace of Swords are going to be in session on Manfred Jacobeit's Radio Rheinwelle show, 20:00 to 23:00 CET, Sunday 12th December.

For those unfortunates not living in Germany, the show will also be available as an online stream.

Here's a link: Radio Rheinwelle 92,5 : Start

Excellent, I look forward to listening to this after picking up your CD :up:

A brief, but rather complimentary review from the latest edition of Ice Cream for Quo:

Palace of Swords (5-track 3 inch CD, Reverb Worship, RW137)

Spaced out, beautiful instrumentals. I wish they went on longer. (Maybe next time they could stretch out and make a full length Zeit-type epic?) When the vocals arrive, they sound like they're coming from another galaxy. Highly recommended. (More info from the Reverb Worship website)

Here's the link:

Ice Cream For Quo magazine - Ice Cream For Quo magazine

Hello again Aberdeen Music,

Just a quick note to say that our track The White Goddess (Part 1) is featured on the cassette compilation Don't Drop it in the Dustbin Volume 2 (Recycled Handmade Records, Germany). I'm not entirely sure about the availability of this in the UK, but I shall endeavour to find out.

Oh, and John Cavanagh played I am Peter the Hermit (Part 2) on his Soundwave show this week as well.

Palace of Swords

Palace of Swords' version of Deer Park is set to appear on The Fall Record Club's Hex Enduction Hour album, which is released next week.

The album will be available as a free download.

(We'll post more details on the news/announcement thread in a day or so)

Do you guys have a bandcamp by any chance? I've listened to "The Black Lodge will Rise Again" on yr soundcloud and was wanting to hear more. I hate myspace nowadays due to it's mental layout and horrible videos/pop-ups that interrupt listening to music.

Are you planning on gigging any time?

John Cavanagh gave you a nice wee review in the Melody Bar

Palace of Swords - s/t 3" cdr (Reverb Worship) 4

Palace of Swords hail from Aberdeen, Scotland and this 5 song e.p. is a highly endearing collection. At times it's like minimalism meets the Jesus and Mary Chain; at others the clarity and space surrounding the cyclic guitar lines is making me think of Rothko. There's low-key vocals, sung and spoken, and such delights as a fuzzed up Theremin. Now, who couldn't be doing with one of those! 40 copies only, so I wouldn't hang around. (JC)

Palace of Swords are featured in the latest installment of Art for Spastics - AFSv311 Hey Man! Is that Freedom Rock?

[Art for Spastics is a rather brilliant blog/radio show/podcast thing based in Davis, California.]

The latest show is available as a free download from here:

Art for Spastics