aberdeen-music

MOGWAI @ The Music Hall - Saturday 29th January - 7.30pm

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was alright, but a bit of a letdown given the wait/circumstances. A lot of their songs just aren't exciting. They have a tendency to slip into a comfort zone and just trudge through long sections. They're an excellent band when they increase the dynamics, but Christ they were dull at points. My Father My King was probably the most boring performance of anything I've ever seen.

i thought Mogwai was amazing but i was pretty close to walking out before the 2nd song with the Celtic scarf on the drum kit.

No fucking need for that.Anyway i was already pissed with the performance of Aberdeen yesterday and mogwai might find i won't buy there album on that - petty yes indeed

i thought Mogwai was amazing but i was pretty close to walking out before the 2nd song with the Celtic scarf on the drum kit.

No fucking need for that.Anyway i was already pissed with the performance of Aberdeen yesterday and mogwai might find i won't buy there album on that - petty yes indeed

i think they do that at every gig, not just when they hump aberdeen

Guest idol_wild

Dude. They have always had Celtic regalia on show at concerts. They are Celtic fans.

And anyway, there were probably more Celtic and Rangers supporters in the audience, so the flag had considerably more significance to them than to any self-involved Aberdeen supporter. Get over it.

Dude. They have always had Celtic regalia on show at concerts. They are Celtic fans.

And anyway, there were probably more Celtic and Rangers supporters in the audience, so the flag had considerably more significance to them than to any self-involved Aberdeen supporter. Get over it.

Load of shit, I wouldn't go around wearing an Aberdeen scarf around Parkhead if we were playing them that day, Just asking for trouble. Same applies to displaying a Celtic scarf at a gig in Aberdeen, far as I'm concerned.

(I realise everybody knows they support Celtic and that nobody is going to start on Stuart Braithwaite for it, but I still think the principle is the same.)

Guest idol_wild
Load of shit, I wouldn't go around wearing an Aberdeen scarf around Parkhead if we were playing them that day, Just asking for trouble. Same applies to displaying a Celtic scarf at a gig in Aberdeen, far as I'm concerned.

(I realise everybody knows they support Celtic and that nobody is going to start on Stuart Braithwaite for it, but I still think the principle is the same.)

I guess some people place importance on different things in life. Personally, I feel Mogwai have every right to display any sporting allegiances when they perform a show that they want. It's part of their show. It's also part of the identity of who they are. Why the fuck should they stop doing it, just because their team deservedly pumped another team to get to a cup final?

Did they make any sort of reference to the game, or did they just have a Celtic flag displayed?

Guest idol_wild
none whatsoever, following Braithwaite on twitter and Im pretty sure he never said anything about it yesterday either

Then there is absolutely no harm in having a Celtic flag or scarf on display. Or anything Celtic related, unless it was sectarian in nature, or said:

HAHA, YOU SHEEP SHAGGING CUNTS - 4-1!! GET IT UP YE, YA BAS!

I guess some people place importance on different things in life. Personally, I feel Mogwai have every right to display any sporting allegiances when they perform a show that they want. It's part of their show. It's also part of the identity of who they are. Why the fuck should they stop doing it, just because their team deservedly pumped another team to get to a cup final?

Did they make any sort of reference to the game, or did they just have a Celtic flag displayed?

Oh hey, I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be able to, or that I shouldn't be able to wear an Aberdeen scarf walking around Ibrox/Parkhead and not get any trouble. I'm just saying that it winds some people up. Not saying it's right that they get pissed off, just that people will. Would strike me as sort of antagonistic. If I were them, I would have maybe erred to the side of caution and not displayed in in Aberdeen on a day where Celtic played them. But then again, I'm not in Mogwai, and I never will be. At least I don't think I will be, impossible to tell at this stage.

I'd go as far as saying that it's really not worth discussing. If something like that makes you want to walk out of a gig you need yr head examined. Agree it look antagonistic but most Mogwai fans realise it's part of their identity and it's used out of pride rather than to offend. Their Orange cabs say 'Green' as well, ha. It's just who they are.

I enjoyed their set immensely. Crowd were shite though.