aberdeen-music

MOGWAI @ The Music Hall - Saturday 29th January - 7.30pm

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, the scarf isn't even a celtic scarf, it is a mogwai scarf.

And yes, the "Orange" cabs and heads are indeed Matamps.

BTW they were very happy with how the gig went.

Hopefully that'll be the end of the scarf debate - i'm sure Mogwai will have a laugh at someone about to take a girly fit & go home cryign after 2 songs tho.

Not sure about some of the comments about the crowd - it's Mogwai FFS, the music hardly lends itself to a mosh pit or crowd surfers. Go to a Napalm Death if you want to mosh, eh?

And not much said by the band? Seriously, what were people expecting? A Freddie Mercury-esque call & response?

On a positive note, I thought the roadie did his job admirably - eh, Hines? ;)

As others have already mentioned, if that seriously bothered you then perhaps you should think about why you actually go to gigs. Every Mogwai show I've been to there has been some kind of Celtic paraphenalia on show. Who fucking cares? I was at Hampden but couldn't have cared less once I got to the show.

The show - moments of utter genius with a few flat bits. I've seen them play better, but overall still an amazing band.

I thought the crowd was a bit flat. 11 year wait? Fitba come-down? Venue? Dunno...

On the mogwai gigs i've been to ie Aberdeen and the ATP festivals i've never seen it. I thought they was taking the piss hence why i was pissed off - saying that its a good number of years since i've seen mogwai.

Crowd was shite: why do people talk through songs why the fuck do they go.

Now get IMP to get Gold Panda/deerhunter etc to aberdeen :up: