aberdeen-music

Any psychedelic rock?

Santihu

Hey guys!

I am interested into psychedelic rock and maybe some people can suggest psy rock band (new or classic ones doesn't matters). At the moment my loved band is Tame Impala probably, maybe somebody can suggest something similar?

Or any avangard music stuff with interesting harmonies?

Cheers

Doubt if I can recommend anything that obscure, but I'm well liking the first 4 Tangerine Dream albums, particularly Electronic Meditation and Zeit.

But thats kinda like asking for some 60s recomendations, and the reply is, there's this band called the Beatles. The 1st self titled Ash Ra Tempel album is well ace though, also Seven Up the album they made with Timothy Leary and his mates.

If you like Tame Impala you should check out Sleepy Sun who do a similar sort of thing and in my opinion, one of the best albums of the year in Fever.

Plenty of good psych comps about would prob be your best way to get into older stuff, in particular Nuggets (although a lot of it is more pre-psych garage rock).

The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators, Love - Forever Changes

Backwards sitar heroics, surrounded by cello'ed echo waves and chants taken from the Mahabhrata. The keyboard player uses a mellotron with all the tapes replaced by the knicker-elastic of Peterhead virgins. There are, of course, massively long guitar solos, but they're done unplugged, and the audience has to imagine how they might actually sound.

They wear capes, chrome hats and those glasses which opticians use, and they utilise a nude dancer, whose onstage writhing has been known to send the Moorings regulars into a frenzy of sexual activity.

:up:

Hahaha, cheers Alan. We do have flute again though! Yeah we might be considered psychedelic/prog. The Snake Temple Kings on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads . Floyd/Hawkwind/Hillage fans would dig, I'm sure.

I'd agree with the shouts for Amon Duul II and Faust. Popol Vuh is the band I'm listening to at the moment. Lots of atmospheric and instrumental music, largely meant for film scores. They worked with Werner Herzog a lot in the 70s. Nosferatu remake being one of their highlights for film scores. If you like the ethnic/raga side to this kind of music, then give them a listen.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...