AGP: FRENCH WIVES+THE DEPORTEES+DUKE+STILL SEARCHING 18 Nov@Cafe Drummond

rcalder82

AGP presents

FRENCH WIVES

The Deportees

+ support

Cafe Drummond

Thursday 18 November - 8pm - 14+ show

5 from One Up, Belmont Street and Welcome to TicketWeb!

FRENCH WIVES produce infectious folk music. Tagged as Glasgows latest bastions of jangle-friendly pop, French Wives have a lot to live up to in a city steeped in melody making tradition. Fortunately, the fledgling quartet possess an artillery that more than justifies the swooning adjectives gushing their way from local press quarters. Infectious of sound and purposeful in delivery, Mays resplendent single 'Me Vs Me' is a charging, dance floor friendly throng of instrument that subtly tips its hat to luminaries like Orange Juice and Franz without riding their coattails. Every inch their own band, its this headstrong sense of sonic identity thats become French Wives greatest strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Duke and Still Searching added to this now. Great line up!

duke on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

John Weaver on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Tickets at One Up and Welcome to TicketWeb! (promo code AGP002 gets you Buy One Get One Half Price at ticketweb til Oct 31st)

:)

It most certainly is mate...

"And so it is with great pleasure that we can now announce that the winner of the inaugural Scotsman Radar Prize is French Wives, a Glasgow quintet who make rousing, folk-based indie, the kind of music that links contemporary Scotland majestically with its past. Formed in 2008, they have been adopted as one of their city's best loved bands, and were first featured on Radar in June of last year."

Deserved as well in my opinion. They opened at one of our shows last year and blew me away. Can't wait for this gig!

• 2 weeks later...