aberdeen-music

Pedal Manufacturers

FatHand

What I want most right now is a Diabolical Fuzz Burglar, heard a few demos, and its crazy oscillating fuzz.

Diabolical Amplification.

Ace site! I was just looking at the vintage synth modifications... I've got the concertmate. The mods actually look pretty useful! Don't fancy sending mine off anywhere though.

EDIT: And the other site! Awesome... like the bit mangler and synth magler with joystick!

Ah, but does the oscillation pitch change when you turn the tone knob on the guitar, inna mental stylee.

If so, how much?

ah no it doesn't do that!! this thread gave me some motivation to sort it actually, turns out I had too much gain causing a massive uncontrolled feedback, tweaked it a bit today and its sounding like a nice little delay/flanger now!! I'm sure some noise freek would love the feedback potential it has though, it doesn't need a guitar input, you just ramp up the gain and it sings to itself while you play with the occilation rate and feedback level!! :up:

Does anyone use any of the mooger frooger pedals? They are expensive but they are they are Moog which automatically makes them ace.

Something less expensive along those lines is the new Korg Monotron. Cheap(ish) way to use some genuine analogue filters with an external sound source. KORG Monotron Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer

This is definitely on my list of things to get.

I think some sort of hook and velcro type arrangement could work on your guitar. That could actually be the thing to stick the stylophone through too actually. Bit gutted that I ditched all of my pedals when I stopped doing the rock band thing. Had a digitech whammy and a fuzz pedal. You can put instruments through the virus actually... lots of good distortion and delays etc. hmmm

Perhaps need to start a new thread as I'm going off on a tangent here but on my search for interesting ways to affect instruments, I came across this new/odd musical instruments website Odd Music-Experimental music, unique unusual musical instruments, weird strange musical instruments,mp3s,music resources, HAPI Drums

Not listened to many of these instruments yet but there was one called the wheel harp, an adaptation of a hurdy gurdy which sounded amazing and daxophone which sounded like a person making tones strange tones with their voice.

Also been looking at electronic instruments, pretty sure all of them are completely out of the stratosphere pricewise but a few to check out are Reactable Reactable Products, had seen this one before but looks like you can get an iphone app and it comes in a more attainable version (only 10000 euros), the Eigenharp Eigenlabs the Samchillian ABOUT SAMCHILLIAN. Heaps more interesting contorllers and instruments out there.

Perhaps need to start a new thread as I'm going off on a tangent here but on my search for interesting ways to affect instruments, I came across this new/odd musical instruments website Odd Music-Experimental music, unique unusual musical instruments, weird strange musical instruments,mp3s,music resources, HAPI Drums

Not listened to many of these instruments yet but there was one called the wheel harp, an adaptation of a hurdy gurdy which sounded amazing and daxophone which sounded like a person making tones strange tones with their voice.

Thats a cracking site :up:

I like re-effecting things through my Boss ME 50, using a Delta 44 to route the signal back into Cubase. Though the ME 50 is digital, it does the ace wibble when you change delay times, plus wah, phaser, reverb working in real time, great for phreak layers. Its good to take the signal for a wee walk out of the PC sometimes. Will check those sites later.

I like re-effecting things through my Boss ME 50, using a Delta 44 to route the signal back into Cubase. Though the ME 50 is digital, it does the ace wibble when you change delay times, plus wah, phaser, reverb working in real time, great for phreak layers. Its good to take the signal for a wee walk out of the PC sometimes. Will check those sites later.

Think i might try and get an up to the minute instrument in the next year, I tend to always be looking back with the view to getting vintage gear but some of these space age jobs look like a lot of fun!