aberdeen-music

Oxjam Music Festival

Oxjam Aberdeen

oxjam_poster.jpg

With a week to go to the festival we are in the final stages of organising and promoting our event. For just 5 you can gain unlimited access to all stages and watch some fantastic local acts. While all ticket money raised goes to Oxfam, we also see the event as an excellent music showcase.

Tickets can be bought at One Up and at www.wegottickets.com, hope to see you all there!

Enigma was a disgrace. Whats the point of getting solo artists to perform upstairs if the dance music from downstairs is going to drown it out anyway? Alan was fantastic regardless. At Tunnels 2 I enjoyed Katerwaul and Carson Welles greatly as always and The Marionettes have improved a lot since last time I saw them.

Enigma was a disgrace. Whats the point of getting solo artists to perform upstairs if the dance music from downstairs is going to drown it out anyway? Alan was fantastic regardless. At Tunnels 2 I enjoyed Katerwaul and Carson Welles greatly as always and The Marionettes have improved a lot since last time I saw them.

Really pleased you came out for the Takeover !

Enigma wasnt my first choice of venue but finding a venue available on the 23rd with about 100 capacity that I could get for free and have control of the door to implement the wrist band thing in the centre of town ended up being a tall order

And I assumed the staff would let us shut the door

But hey assume makes an ASS of U and ME

And Juggling booking 5 stages and 25 acts think I did nae bad cheers

Correct, it was an impressive feat getting everyone to play across so many venues and stage times wasn't too far off from what I can tell. I thought it was really rude of Enigma (granted they let you hire it for free) to not let you shut the door when their music from downstairs was surely offputting to the performers upstairs

From what we experienced, the night was a total success. We had a blast playing, and enjoyed the rest of bands. What a line up. Every one attending the shows (tunnels 1 + 2) seemed to be having a great time and I didnt see any one without a smile on their face. Apparently the charity raised a fair amount of money as well :)

OXJAM was awesome.

great atmosphere at blue lamp. it's just seems to have something about it. and we all kicked middle aged butt (?)

thanks to the oxjam guys

CD's good too. i really like the deportees and alan's 2 tunes. good to see individualism/inventiveness/melody/eccentricitiy/originaility/goddamnsexiness etc coming oot!

cheers

Thank you for all the comments, from our side of things the night was a great success. We had around 350 through the doors (although this goes to well over 400 if you include volunteers and performers) and over the festival and extra fundraisers we've raised 3,500 for Oxfam.

We also had the aim of putting on a showcase of local bands and everyone who played was on top form. I'm sure everyone who was there would agree there was some brilliant gigs.

Thanks again to everyone who watched and performed on the night. We'll see you next year!!