aberdeen-music

Local Music in the Evening Express

beetlejuice

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, and don't have a copy of the text file on this computer, however I can let you know that it included the following:

The Viper Lines - playing with The Draymin (tonight)

Steven Milne - OneUp instore on Saturday

Cirque Du Sinister - Fat Hippy Halloween showcase featuring Brothers Reid, the Wetflex, The Ruckus and Smokin' Catfish

Skalloween V - aka-SKA and The targets presents a ska-filled Halloween spectacular!

The Gothic Dorics - playing the Moorings this Saturday

Huh we were mentioned in the EE, and it didn't involve drugs, gand-land beatings, prostitutes, and folk jumping out windows??? Well fuck me sideways... I've seen everything now. An actual gig promo??? HOLY SHIT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Necro

Local music scene coverage in the Evening Express and P&J is now almost nonexistent. Despite the EE sponsoring Eruption BOTB the past couple years, only a handful of articles were posted about it, mainly the final happening and the 2016/2017 winners FaR getting an interview. None of the bands from 2017/2018 got this coverage, so fuck knows why they even sponsored it in the first place.

There used to be a Music section under Lifestyle on their website, but now it's just full of garbage:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/category/lifestyle/

There's been the odd article with Flash's mug in it, although that's usually to do with the Agent of Change principle/venue protection from new builds nearby.