aberdeen-music

Stanley 'monkeys & friends'

kittiwake

Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but there is something brilliantly other-worldly about the version on the comp. I love it for not being what I expected at all.

i completely agree i thought the original version of this song was amazing but this one doesnt seem to take me in the same. The vocals in the second chorus are just not as good as in the original. Steve has an amazing voice i dont think i have heard anyone better in aberdeen. I just dont understand why these guys are only getting somewhere now, i heard them play this song live 5 years ago i think, back then i thought they would push on, i guess good things come to those who wait!

Good song, nice video (apart from the comical attempt at drum-miming), but one little thing grates with me...why the shill account? Why not just come out and say 'Stanley are releasing a single through our label, what do you think?'. The implication that you happened to stumble upon the song on Vic's show is misleading and unnecessary.

Cracking tune though. I don't know the original, but I'd be surprised if it betters this one.

Good song, nice video (apart from the comical attempt at drum-miming), but one little thing grates with me...why the shill account? Why not just come out and say 'Stanley are releasing a single through our label, what do you think?'. The implication that you happened to stumble upon the song on Vic's show is misleading and unnecessary.

Totally. I assume they're just posting the same disingenuous nonsense on a number of forums and have just copy and pasted it onto here. Entirely unnecessary when Stanley are a local band who seem to get generally good feedback on here anyway.

Thanks for the kind words about our band, folks. Apologies for the style of the threadf, but if it wasn't for Kittiwake you'd probably never hear about what we're up to because we're our own worst enemies when it comes to promotion! As for the version of Monkeys on the 45 a side sampler - oops! (ssh, don't tell the record label!).

Should probably point out that Kittiwake are also putting out stuff by Indian Red Lopez and also Weather Barn (formerly known as Cast Of The Capital) - pretty good for a label from Southern England!

• 3 weeks later...