aberdeen-music

Aberdeen music shop scene

rune

Why worry what they're playing in Aberdeen stores anyways? At the very most I spend twenty [at the VERY most] minutes in One Up or FOPP and ten at the most in HMV or Virgin. Why would I really care what's playing? I've a perfectly good stereo at home and enough XxXtreme CDs that those fascist bastards would never play sitting at home anyways! I go home and listen to those CDs when the sun sets with my pigs. In the dark.

YEahhhh my neighbours get a full on blast :)

But please dont you think that theres alot of great metal bands out there that get no recognition?

I try to give people ideas on what i like, most of the time im met with the responce "never heard of them"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut. Up. Now.

You say: No metal is played in shops.

OneUp says: We play Mistress' date=' Cathedral, Hammer of Thor, and anything else we fancy.

You Ignore this and continue to blither away, hugely irritating everyone here.

Shut. Up. Now.[/quote']

Oh sorry for speaking from my own experiences, i will ask you next time before i post ok?

So what does that tell me? Youre opinion clearly states that you dont like the bands i listed

Well, if you had half a brain, it would be telling you that I personally, do not have an intrest in the bands you listed, nothing more, just i don't like them... although on a previous page i APPARENTLY was telling you what to like and what not to like... i'm not you, im not trying to force me favourite bands upon you...

When did it suddenly become so important what music they play in shops, do you throw your toys out the pram when you go into McDonalds and they're not playing Pig Destroyer? no, because music in all shops is just there to give any shop a slightly more lively vibrant attitude for the 20 mins max that your in there, not as a personal Jukebox for you, ever heard of headphones?

Well' date=' if you had half a brain, it would be telling you that I personally, do not have an intrest in the bands you listed, nothing more, just i don't like them... although on a previous page i APPARENTLY was telling you what to like and what not to like... i'm not you, im not trying to force me favourite bands upon you...

When did it suddenly become so important what music they play in shops, do you throw your toys out the pram when you go into McDonalds and they're not playing Pig Destroyer? no, because music in all shops is just there to give any shop a slightly more lively vibrant attitude for the 20 mins max that your in there, not as a personal Jukebox for you, ever heard of headphones?[/quote']

As i stated before ive not walked out of any shop just because they play shit......

As i stated before ive not walked out of any shop just because they play shit......

Maybe that's where you're going wrong' date=' I think that'd be the perfect way to start your [i']Extreme Metal Revolution (EMR), you could boycot every place that doesn't have the common sense to support you and your EMR, by playing music that you feel they should be, due to fairness.

Sure, the majority of stores wouldn't feel that affected at first, but you give it 8, 9 or 25 years, those inconsiderate bastards are going to be hit hard, and I don't mean hit hard like a punch in the face, i'm talking on par with the shot that took out Bambi's mother that cold winter.

For the good of the EMR, never enter another store that happens to be playing "shit".

Ok, so basically this whole thread is a waste of time...

You know why most places dont play that kind of music, and you know that one-up has been known to, you've just not been there, you don't like it, but i don't like getting out of bed in the morning or the fact that millions of people across the world die every day of starvation and illness, but it happens. If you hadn't just ignored every single valid point in this thread, this would of been resolved after 2 pages. Case Closed.

Ok' date=' so basically this whole thread is a waste of time...

You know why most places dont play that kind of music, and you know that one-up has been known to, you've just not been there, you don't like it, but i don't like getting out of bed in the morning or the fact that millions of people across the world die every day of starvation and illness, but it happens. If you hadn't just ignored every single valid point in this thread, this would of been resolved after 2 pages. Case Closed.[/quote']

Well ok but you know that being in a small band with little or no coverage is very hard.

Wouldnt you feel greatfull if youre music was played and got media attention thus giving even more fans?

i dont understand how we would get media attention from having our album playing over the pa at one-up tho, as i assume thats what your talking about? yes ok it does work sometimes, but only for attracting buyers, i refer to the one time i put the Black Atom CD on in burger king and some mother came up and asked who it was because her son really liked it, but it's a bit of a one off chance thing, the mother could quite as easily been coming to complain about the racket.

If you want media attention up here you'd be better off doing it yourself, the local press dont really give a rats ass, which leads to the whole getting out of aberdeen thing, coz as much as playing and being a band here is a great laugh, if your trying to make progress bandwise, your better getting your music out of here and spread across the country.

Having your music over the pa in One Up is really little more than a novelty, and is not going to get you press coverage.

i dont understand how we would get media attention from having our album playing over the pa at one-up tho' date=' as i assume thats what your talking about? yes ok it does work sometimes, but only for attracting buyers, i refer to the one time i put the Black Atom CD on in burger king and some mother came up and asked who it was because her son really liked it, but it's a bit of a one off chance thing, the mother could quite as easily been coming to complain about the racket.

If you want media attention up here you'd be better off doing it yourself, the local press dont really give a rats ass, which leads to the whole getting out of aberdeen thing, coz as much as playing and being a band here is a great laugh, if your trying to make progress bandwise, your better getting your music out of here and spread across the country.

Having your music over the pa in One Up is really little more than a novelty, and is not going to get you press coverage.[/quote']

Coverage via the media as a whole ie magazines, websites, tv

i mentioned my djing in drakes bacause it has specific relevance to you implying that you know more about metal than the staff in one up. i mentioned it to highlight the fact that you're talking out of your weak puny ass. i mentioned it because we rule and you do not. i mentioned it because you keep banging on and on and on and on and on and making no fucking sense whatsoever despite me pointing out repeatedly that we play exactly the type of music you say we don't play. i mentioned it because the clubnight me and rory(also from one up) run in drakes is the clubnight of your pubescent wet dreams and you've probably never been there yet you still accuse us of not knowing about underground metal bands. i mentioned all this in a last ditch vain attempt to stop you making an absolute complete tit of yourself. i failed.

and for the last fucking time, shops do not run request services and never will. the only thing i have ever ever played for someone in a shop cause they asked me to was slayer's angel of death to a group of drunk guys who begged me for 30 minutes and then had a moshpit in front of the counter. it was worth it. i'd expect a similar level of commitment to every request made and it's not going to happen. also i don't really want a moshpit in front of my counter every single day and neither would the boss. don't reply to this statement, it is an unchangeable fact. nothing you can say will ever change this and everything you would say is WRONG. accept these teachings my child and you will be at peace.

also might i add the level of english in this thread is shockingly bad. it's almost as painful as reading txtspk.

what in the bluest of blue hells does this have to do with your one man crusade against 'rubbish' music in record shops?

Its all about it infact. Dont you think that the real problem lies within smaller un-noticed bands that have talent but yet get no mention or aren't know?

There are so many bands out there that arent promoted correctly

i mentioned my djing in drakes bacause it has specific relevance to you implying that you know more about metal than the staff in one up. i mentioned it to highlight the fact that you're talking out of your weak puny ass. i mentioned it because we rule and you do not. i mentioned it because you keep banging on and on and on and on and on and making no fucking sense whatsoever despite me pointing out repeatedly that we play exactly the type of music you say we don't play. i mentioned it because the clubnight me and rory(also from one up) run in drakes is the clubnight of your pubescent wet dreams and you've probably never been there yet you still accuse us of not knowing about underground metal bands. i mentioned all this in a last ditch vain attempt to stop you making an absolute complete tit of yourself. i failed.

and for the last fucking time' date=' shops do not run request services and never will. the only thing i have ever ever played for someone in a shop cause they asked me to was slayer's angel of death to a group of drunk guys who begged me for 30 minutes and then had a moshpit in front of the counter. it was worth it. i'd expect a similar level of commitment to every request made and it's not going to happen. also i don't really want a moshpit in front of my counter every single day and neither would the boss. don't reply to this statement, it is an unchangeable fact. nothing you can say will ever change this and everything you would say is WRONG. accept these teachings my child and you will be at peace.

also might i add the level of english in this thread is shockingly bad. it's almost as painful as reading txtspk.[/quote']

Where did i imply that i knew more, if you check back i didnt....

You rule and i dont omg where do you get off with youre self righteos opinion your ego must be so big! Suprised your head doesnt explode :)

Also i didnt state that you knew nothing about underground metal bands omg you have really lost the plot! This is so funny hahaaaaa :)

Another thing, this thread isnt about dj's and clubs its about the "aberdeen music shop scene" I really didnt know drakes was a shop where you could buy cds from you'de really have to tell me where this section is! No please tell me i really want to see it :)

Havent had this much fun in a long time youre post is so flawed haaaaaaaa

Me make a tit of myself you did it well enought yourself ;)

Me make a tit of myself you did it well enought yourself ;)

I'm starting to side with Ross, this whole thing has to be a wind up. It must be. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Do you even read the posts or do you just pick out random words to put in your replies?

Where did i imply that i knew more' date=' if you check back i didnt....

You rule and i dont omg where do you get off with youre self righteos opinion your ego must be so big! Suprised your head doesnt explode :)

Also i didnt state that you knew nothing about underground metal bands omg you have really lost the plot! This is so funny hahaaaaa :)

Another thing, this thread isnt about dj's and clubs its about the "aberdeen music shop scene" I really didnt know drakes was a shop where you could buy cds from you'de really have to tell me where this section is! No please tell me i really want to see it :)

Me make a tit of myself you did it well enought yourself ;)[/quote']

When did you turn from an angry metalhead with a grudge into an immature giggly schoolgirl?

Hoax.

Where did i imply that i knew more' date=' if you check back i didnt....

Me make a tit of myself you did it well enought yourself ;)[/quote']

*blows raspberry*

i don't think i'll waste any more of my time on this nonsense. the one thing that has been bugging me though is why even bother posting any of this when you've clearly stated that you prefer shopping online? so stay there! job done, everyone's happy and we don't have to hear from you again. hurrah! and lo, throughout the land there was much rejoicing and the children did sing, for the silly man had gone and they were free to get on with their happy lives without idiots bothering them with wicked tales and lies. hurrah! hurrah!

the end.

*blows raspberry*

i don't think i'll waste any more of my time on this nonsense. the one thing that has been bugging me though is why even bother posting any of this when you've clearly stated that you prefer shopping online? so stay there! job done' date=' everyone's happy and we don't have to hear from you again. hurrah! and lo, throughout the land there was much rejoicing and the children did sing, for the silly man had gone and they were free to get on with their happy lives without idiots bothering them with wicked tales and lies. hurrah! hurrah!

the end.[/quote']

Were you playing Thors Hammer on friday in one up?

all i know is some heavy as fuck doom metal was being played and i was very impressed by it!

*blows raspberry*

i don't think i'll waste any more of my time on this nonsense. the one thing that has been bugging me though is why even bother posting any of this when you've clearly stated that you prefer shopping online? so stay there! job done' date=' everyone's happy and we don't have to hear from you again. hurrah! and lo, throughout the land there was much rejoicing and the children did sing, for the silly man had gone and they were free to get on with their happy lives without idiots bothering them with wicked tales and lies. hurrah! hurrah!

the end.[/quote']

Here is my ending for you! There once was a shop called one-up, it was a nice little shop that played only what the staff wanted, this shop also had customers that bought cds, The customers also wondered mmmmm ive never heard this band before, i think i'll go and ask these nice people at the desk to put it on but only to their amazement were they met with "oh i'm sorry we can't play this kind of music here" but then found out later that the bad man was telling lies and should of re-phrased it with "oh please fuck off we dont like your requests in our shop". Then the customer remembered "why tho?" Ive been to other shops and asked for a cd to be played and been met with "why offcourse", the customer liked this cd and decided to buy it, thus leaving both parties happy

The end :D

Here is my ending for you! There once was a shop called one-up' date=' it was a nice little shop that played only what the staff wanted, this shop also had customers that bought cds, The customers also wondered mmmmm ive never heard this band before, i think i'll go and ask these nice people at the desk to put it on but only to their amazement were they met with "oh i'm sorry we can't play this kind of music here" but then found out later that the bad man was telling lies and should of re-phrased it with "oh please fuck off we dont like your requests in our shop". Then the customer remembered "why tho?" Ive been to other shops and asked for a cd to be played and been met with "why offcourse", the customer liked this cd and decided to buy it, thus leaving both parties happy

The end :D[/quote']

Well you should go and see Mike in the Cavern - you virtually get forced to listen to anything you want to buy... Although he does refer to Metal as Satan's music but he will play anything.

I personally like dub, post punk,hip hop, electronica, d n bass, minimalism, turntabalism, post rock, blues, jazz, alt country to name but a few. I am generally shocked if any record shop manages to play all of these genres when I pop in for a 10 min look around !

Dave

Here is my ending for you! There once was a shop called one-up' date=' it was a nice little shop that played only what the staff wanted, this shop also had customers that bought cds, The customers also wondered mmmmm ive never heard this band before, i think i'll go and ask these nice people at the desk to put it on but only to their amazement were they met with "oh i'm sorry we can't play this kind of music here" but then found out later that the bad man was telling lies and should of re-phrased it with "oh please fuck off we dont like your requests in our shop". Then the customer remembered "why tho?" Ive been to other shops and asked for a cd to be played and been met with "why offcourse", the customer liked this cd and decided to buy it, thus leaving both parties happy

The end :D[/quote']

you may want to look back and read the posts where they mention the LISTENING POSTS. They will not tell you to piss off but will say "Tell you what, you want to hear it, put these headphones on and listen as loud as you want, if you like it buy it if not, you can select another cd."