aberdeen-music

just cos I could....

Dunno if anyone has ever seen my crazy red speaker box I made.

It's a homemade 1x12" open back job, made from plywood and sprayed red.

Well, I decided that I might as well make it cool if it's gonna look shit.

But first I needed the contraption, which I consturcted today

This was a mains plug with a cable. This cable then goes to a light switch. From the other side of the light switch comes a cable, and this has two mains sockets on the end (where you'd plug in a plug...)

But why I hear you ask?

Well, I drilled holes all round the outside of the speaker cabinet. Then I stuck a mini strobe inside. The lightswitch allows it to be turned on and off on stage, as a footpedal.

No pics just now, but it looks cool. Kind of needs a seoond one, to spread the light out a bit, but that's why I used a double mains socket.

Looks like I'm gonna be the coolest guy on stage next time I play.

Craig

Dunno if anyone has ever seen my crazy red speaker box I made.

It's a homemade 1x12" open back job' date=' made from plywood and sprayed red.

Well, I decided that I might as well make it cool if it's gonna look shit.

But first I needed the contraption, which I consturcted today

This was a mains plug with a cable. This cable then goes to a light switch. From the other side of the light switch comes a cable, and this has two mains sockets on the end (where you'd plug in a plug...)

But why I hear you ask?

Well, I drilled holes all round the outside of the speaker cabinet. Then I stuck a mini strobe inside. The lightswitch allows it to be turned on and off on stage, as a footpedal.

No pics just now, but it looks cool. Kind of needs a seoond one, to spread the light out a bit, but that's why I used a double mains socket.

Looks like I'm gonna be the coolest guy on stage next time I play.

Craig[/quote']

You migt want to be careful with that, we had to move the strobe onto a different Phase from all our amps because the current it draws when it flashes makes a kind of 'thump' through the speakers.

I'm not sure what effect it will have running it of the same power lead, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to enlighten us.

i would watch out for any interference from the strobe getting picked up by the speaker, though since its pretty high powered signals it should be safe

it would also be funky to investigate in some lenses and the like for some fun with the strobe and bouncing the light about

David