aberdeen-music

Rogue Piper

Preid

I thought 'pan out of events' was some obscure bagpipe pun (pan-pipes?) :up:

I saw the bagpipe guy the other day, but scuttled past before he opened fire. I didn't know he was using an i-pod.

You should write a compundium of your best jokes. I'd buy it, even if you do clearly have OCD (Obsessive Compunsive Disorder).

You should write a compundium of your best jokes. I'd buy it, even if you do clearly have OCD (Obsessive Compunsive Disorder).

I'll get treatment....(punicillin probably).

I'm not a kilt or bagpipes fan.....never heard any bagpipe playing I liked, although I'm sure someone somewhere will be doing something unusual with them (not the Red Hot chili Pipers!). The nearest to acceptable usage of them I've found is this guy...

I admit to having a chanter at home, but rarely use it....howvwer, if anyone has a terminally-ill (or even dead) set of pipes they don't want then I'll attempt to loop the racket they make at the next Matricarians gig.

Fortunately I don't have a kilt.....although my sister used to wear tartan 'trews' in the early 1960s.

Guest idol_wild
What ya "err"-ing at Jan....what I'm saying is very valid...

too many times (at things like weddings) I've seen guys wearing the kilt far below the knee, couple that, with hose/socks pulled up too high too.... and it just makes it look f*cking stupid.....the bottom of the kilt should just come to the knee when you kneel down (keeping thighs straight)

and.... You just don't wear a belt with a Prince Charlie/waistcoat outfit...its evening wear ffs !!!....but kilt hire places seem to supply them for some reason ???? Duh!!!

and..... I wish they'd teach folk how to tie Ghillie laces !!!

...there is more....but I'll leave it at that for now !

rant over !

You care waaay too much about how a man is meant to wear a skirt.

Speaking of shite busking, I got to experience a busker I hadn't seen before on Saturday, parked outside Sainsburys between St Nicks and Bon Accord, strumming a severely out of tune guitar with strings missing. She wasn't fretting. Just strumming it openly. It was hideous. I filmed a bit of it on my phone. She breaks a string during the recording, and leaps off her stool with fright. If I can find out how to get it off my phone, I will share it with the world.

rouge piper sounded like a name for a lower end red wine, i saw that hog had posted and assumed that must be the case:up:

i heard him the other day, same scenario.....no headphones with me. its pretty poor.

not as bad as the accordion player that hangs outside waterstones/peckhams mid-union street.

i can hear him from my desk when he sits outside peckhams and he plays the same two bloody songs all day.

he used to have a speaker but it was either nicked, broken or he got told not to use it anymore as he's stopped using it. which is nice.