aberdeen-music

Full of the Cold, got a gig...help!

scandaldallas

Vocalzone losenges are good for keeping your pipes in good nick when you're feeling a bit under the weather. I'd also recommend anything that will decongest your nose, like Vix, or any of those inhalers, so you don't sound like you're underwater.

Never underestimate the effect of a good blowing of your nose. Sniffing and keeping the gunk inside you makes the infection last. I've always been led to believe that the more frequent you blow all the crap out of your nose, the quicker your body will get rid of the bug. A doctor told me that. I believe him.

I quite liked that. It made my vocal chords felt a bit more protected, like they were wrapped up in Nerf gear. I could wail a bit more and not feel any sort of strain or soreness.

I couldn't feel the vibrations in my throat, so I ended up coming in on the wrong note and stuff and trying to sing too powerfully. This was at recording as well. Spent about two hours trying to get the fucking shit off the back of my throat so I could sing properly! Lots of coke did the job.

(Coca Cola, that is)

Ok... Touring with Pallas in their bus back in the 80's it was quite common for cold bugs to hit everyone, band and crew... my "cure" was brandy and lemon, hot water, sweetened with honey, it wasnt really a cure, but the bands two main vocalists never missed a gig, and some of those tours were hard core... worth a try.

G...