aberdeen-music

Xbox

paime

Being a Playstation 3 fanatic i can't quite believe im going to say this but....im going to buy an Xbox. I love my PS3 but all my friends have Xbox's and i can't be arsed slaughtering randoms on COD anymore.

My only trouble is my knowledge of Xbox's is pretty pants, can anyone give me a steer?

ps please spare me the torrent of 'told you so's'.....

Being a Playstation 3 fanatic i can't quite believe im going to say this but....im going to buy an Xbox. I love my PS3 but all my friends have Xbox's and i can't be arsed slaughtering randoms on COD anymore.

My only trouble is my knowledge of Xbox's is pretty pants, can anyone give me a steer?

ps please spare me the torrent of 'told you so's'.....

using all my willpower to resist the 'told you so' .....

its really up to you! depends what you want it for really. you get 250GB HDD versions or 4GB versions of the slim for a decent price. i cant see why you'd ever need that much space on a console, especially since you can stream music from your pc even while you're mid game. you can do the same with movies via media centre or media centre extender.

I have 2 xbox's, both originals with 1 12gb HDD between them. does me fine.

have a look around for deals and see what suits you best.

using all my willpower to resist the 'told you so' .....

its really up to you! depends what you want it for really. you get 250GB HDD versions or 4GB versions of the slim for a decent price. i cant see why you'd ever need that much space on a console, especially since you can stream music from your pc even while you're mid game. you can do the same with movies via media centre or media centre extender.

I have 2 xbox's, both originals with 1 12gb HDD between them. does me fine.

have a look around for deals and see what suits you best.

Installing games on the HDD run a fair bit better than from the disc, I've noticed. I'm led to believe it preserves the drive/laser too, but I don't really know the exact ins and outs.

I wouldn't want a PS3, purely because I don't know anyone who has one, and I like to play against people I know.

I told you so.

You may be spared a torrent of them, but I'm damned if you're not getting one or two!

Kudos on coming to your senses though =]

Haha! I've been resisting it for ages in the belief that the PS3 is the better console. To be honest (and i don't want to start a debate here) i've always thought the PS3 was the better console what with Blue Ray and all that jazz and i'd hoped my buddies would join me in the PS3 world. The reality is that blue ray is expensive and all my mates have bought an Xbox. Im the nobby no mates of playstation land.

So, with that behind me, im now looking at the sex boxes. I'll be putting some music on it but probs no more than 5gb at the very most. Does a lot of memory get used generally or would i be safer with a middle of the road model?

Haha! I've been resisting it for ages in the belief that the PS3 is the better console. To be honest (and i don't want to start a debate here) i've always thought the PS3 was the better console what with Blue Ray and all that jazz and i'd hoped my buddies would join me in the PS3 world. The reality is that blue ray is expensive and all my mates have bought an Xbox. Im the nobby no mates of playstation land.

So, with that behind me, im now looking at the sex boxes. I'll be putting some music on it but probs no more than 5gb at the very most. Does a lot of memory get used generally or would i be safer with a middle of the road model?

you now get 4, 20 (works out at 12), 60 and 250gb HDD's.

i'd say go with a 60gb to be safe if you can. dont know if they have them for the new models though. do the old hard drives fit the slim models anyone?

i doubt it.

i'd like to have a bigger hard drive but cant be fucked getting one of the HDD data transfer cables or taking it apart, attaching via SATA to my pc and then doing the same again with brand new one. voiding the warranty on the day of purchase of a M$ product is never a good idea.

Installing games on the HDD run a fair bit better than from the disc, I've noticed. I'm led to believe it preserves the drive/laser too, but I don't really know the exact ins and outs.

I wouldn't want a PS3, purely because I don't know anyone who has one, and I like to play against people I know.

thats one thing im regretting about never updgrading. Reach loads like a motherfucker from the disk. i saw a notification last night when i logged in that Reach (unlike halo 3) is optimised to load from the hard drive. I'll have to delete San Andreas if i want to install reach though! nae happening. i'm never going through all those gang turf wars again. pain in the ass

• 4 weeks later...