aberdeen-music

Icelandic Carnage 09/08/04

MitchPact

Guest Nikola Tesla

Just got back from this gig.....

Strobing goat: they were ok.. reminded me of Psalm 69 era ministry. They were a bit too reptitive for me, and the set felt like it dragged a bit.

Filthpact: Holly shit! This band improve every time i see them.

I especialy liked the fact that the music is getting very tight and presise and that the vocalist (dave i think) is utilising the space around him more :up: Also top marks for the cd :up: It's amazing.

Fighting shit: Well after a good start, things got a bit bad for them (the singer getting smacked in the face with a bass headstock...) but once they were back on stage i was mightly impressed by the performance they put on.... Very energetic very tight.. and very good music :up:

Cheers to all who came along, your support as allways is greatly appreciated and means we can keep doing what we're doing.

Next installment of Black Box aural pleasure:

Thurs 16/09/04:

See You In Hell (Czech) - http://www.seeyouinhell.cz/

Homo Consumens (Czech) - http://www.seeyouinhell.cz/HC_slepota.mp3

Hero Dishonest (Finland) - http://www.ifsociety.com/herodishonest/

Filthpact - http://www.filthpact.com

+ 1tbc

Doors 8pm, First Band 8:45pm, 4

Guest allsystemsfail

Yeah, great show.

Fighting Shit? Awesome. Definitely one of the most exciting and dynamic hardcore outfits to hit Aberdeen. And such young guys too. It's a shame more folks couldn't have caught them.

Filthpact were just great. These guys are my favourite band right now. I just can't say enough about them.

Strobing Goat? Kinda strange seeing a two piece. You know, just guitar and vocals. But yeah, they were quite cool.

Fighting Shit are my new fav fucking band.

Holy shit, they fucking rule!!!

Next time we should get everybody to chant along to the uber classy sing-along-bits of their songs like "GIRLS KICK ASS" and "FUCK YOU".

Fuck, they're amazing.

And total respect to the singer for going back on after almost losing his eye.

And a t-shirt that says "EMO SUCKS" with crazy cool artwork on it.

AHHH, I LOVE IT!!!

That was a fucking class gig!!

Wasn't too fond of Strobbing Goat. They got a bit repetative in my eyes. Wasn't really in the mood for that sort of stuff, but they still sounded cool.

Fighting Shit were fucking awesome. Shame about the vocalist getting clocked, but these things happen I guess. Huge respect for the guy coming back on once he had recovered a bit.

And as for Filthpact, fucking great also. As Stu said, the band seems to improve at every gig.

THe gig on the 16th of sept sounds fucking great, which sucks for myself, because I have to be in New York for the whole of that week. Grrr

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I cannot emphasise enough how much I love a band that has an "Emo sucks" motif on their T-shirt. Lovely. Nice guys too, traded a few Spike CD's with them. And it's only a matter of time before Dave Rowlands does himself some serious damage................

Guest Nikola Tesla
You'll just have to keep coming along to all the filthpact shows then mate' date=' to see when it happens.

[/quote']

Speaking of which when is the next gig? Is it the 16th of Sept?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You'll just have to keep coming along to all the filthpact shows then mate' date=' to see when it happens.[/quote']

Oh, that I will, no worries there. As luck would have it, I'm also a trained first-aider! So you'll be in safe hands.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nice to know Jake' date=' 16th Sept is next date for filthpact, expect a few new songs by then.[/quote']

Nice one. Any new releases planned? You must have enough songs for one by now. Split release with Spike, maybe?