aberdeen-music

Favourite childhood cartoons

Paranoid Android

Oh and I used to love that old 60's cartoon of Spiderman that they showed well into the 70's on a Saturday morning. I actually found the whole series on DVD on the net and bought it. Turned out to be pretty shit in retrospect and I only watched a few episodes then punted it again...

Spiderman and his amazing friends was great though. Basically spiderman hanging out with iceman and firestar solving crimes, together, as friends.

My favourites, I'll list the ones I've bought on DVD first and are still just as good :)

Duck Tales

Mysterious cities of Gold

Dogtanian

Around the World with Willy Fogg

Dungeons and dragons

Ulysess 31

Defenders of the Earth

Droids

Ewoks

And now ones i loved at the time - minus things like Bagpuss as Stop motion isnt cartoon to me, I'll do that list in a minute ;)

Godzilla (and godzoooooooooooky)

Pole Position

The Space Sentinels

Battle of the Planets

The real Ghostbusters

He-man and the Masters of the Universe

Pigeon Street - was well impressed to see a pigeon Street picture for sale in Plan 9, if only I had room for it,

Mr Benn

King Rollo

Bod

The Mr Men

Stop Motions Classics:

Chorlton and the Wheelies

Paddington Bear

The Wombles

Bagpuss

Clangers

Tottie

the Flumps

• Upvote 1

I was discussing the merits of Ren & Stimpy today with Old Gold. My son used to get the comic, but I ordered double, so I've still got a pristine collection.

n.b. our discussion was terminated when Old Gold got stung on the arse/lower back by a wasp :laughing:

On the plus side he had his wound tended to by a fetching member of the Kilau staff. :up:

My absolute favourites were always the old Max Fleischer (sp?) cartoons from the 30s & 40s which were occasionally dug up. They were often quite dark, which I found appealing.

I was also a fan of Ivor the engine, Noggin the Nog etc

As many know I'm a huge Postgate/Firmin fan and love I got the complete Noggin boxset which was a huge set with books and the DVDs a few years ago, I'm also lucky to have a hand drawbn sketch and autograph of Noggin from Peter Firmin, if ever theres someone who whould write a Noggin concept album it's you Alan ;)

I was discussing the merits of Ren & Stimpy today with Old Gold. My son used to get the comic, but I ordered double, so I've still got a pristine collection.

n.b. our discussion was terminated when Old Gold got stung on the arse/lower back by a wasp :laughing:

On the plus side he had his wound tended to by a fetching member of the Kilau staff. :up:

Talking of which, I went stopped in at HMV and picked up this afterwards:

51FJ77SQ7GL._SL500_.jpg

And then I went home to wash off the smell of vinegar.