aberdeen-music

Favourite BOOZE?

Johnny Mac

What is everyones favourite tipple?

BEER:

I cannot get enough of BrewDog as far as beer goes. Outstanding. I'll never drink cheap shit like Miller/Carling again.

I also like a few other breweries like Inns & Gunn, Williams brothers etc. mmmmmmmmm

SPIRITS:

Morgans spiced.

WINES:

I tend to stick to Australian wines or a good New Zealand Sauv Blanc - Oyster Bay, Villa Maria, Nobilo, Milford Point.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pint of Peroni can't be beaten, especially the massive dildo glass you get it in. Shame they're expensive, get you fucking wrecked as well.

Morgans and coke, staple part of any night out. Unless I'm in some sort of drinking venue such as JP's which offers ludicrously cheap vodka.

Wine? Never drank wine before. Well not properly, necked it during a drinking game and vommed everywhere so I don't think that counts.

Guest idol_wild
Williams Bros Brewing Co

I picked these up last week.... hope they don't taste of ass.

Brilliant brewery. I've tasted most of their contemporary ales, and they are all outstanding. Seven Giraffes being a particular highlight.

Aside from that, the only alcohol I like is amaretto and Buckfast.

Buckfast jellys. :love:

Session beer (if out and intending to drink 6+ pints) = Tennents, Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella 4, any lager that's not premium, nae fussy.

Session spirits (If out, have had 9 pints of Tennents and feel a bit sick but want to keep drinking or someone's offered me a pint and I have a full one) = anything (apart from Bacardi) and coke, OVD at the moment

A coupla pints beer (If only having 4 or 5 while watching fitba that's only showing on Sky) = Peroni, Poretti, Stella, Amstel, Guinness, Timothy Taylor's Landlord

A coupla nips spirits (I've had my 5 Poretti, the fitba's finished and someone's going "fancy a nip for the road") = Any single malt

House Beer (any quantity from an enjoyable 2 to a ridiculous 17 - I can fall over and spew on myself in my own home without embarrassment) = Bottled Super Bock, I'm also in a phase of drinking the Co-op's Bumble Bee Honey Ale.

House Spirits (I've drank all my Super Bock and am still able to open a cupboard) = whatever folk have left in my cupboard apart from that lemon liquer that's been there for ages.

Drink with a meal (I'm eating and it's past 5pm) = Wine, red colour, 3.99-6.99 a bottle

Those are my rules. I'm no connosieur but I sure know my tastes.

Lager: I'm not really fussy with Lagers, I'll drink most of them. For a good pinting session I find Fosters to be very suitable. Pilsner Urquell is good, I'll have a pint of that if I ever see it on tap. Around here most bars only have 1 tap though and it's almost always Estrella Damm or San Miguel, which are both fine.

Spirits: I'm with snoop dogg on this one, you can't beat a bit of gin 'n' juice. Tanquery preferably but only if it's available and not more expensive than other options.

Wine: Red and I'll always let a friend who knows better than me choose. If I have to choose my self which ever cheap bottle has a label that makes it look like it might have cost a little more.

Beer: I like ales, preferably darker ones. Hobgoblin and Old Speckled Hen spring to mind; I can't buy any of this stuff where I live, but I know a few places which serve nice "dark beer", none of which seems to be branded... though most often I drink crappy lager, tends to be Tiger or Heineken, or a couple of nasty local ones.

Mojitos and White Russians, probably any cocktail which isn't a glorified alcopop.

Red wine. I don't know much about wine but I did live with a guy for a bit who was into wine tasting (or quaffing).

I like Shakis breakdown, I work in similar ways: -

Session beer = Tennents, sometimes Guinness to start. Preferably non-ice cold variants of both. Try and stick to about 5 pints maximum before moving onto bottles. This always used to be Becks but Im liking Coors Light just now. Sometimes Corona.

Session spirits = I dont really drink spirits much but if I am at hi-hi level beer wise its usually vodka & coke or gin & tonic.

A coupla pints beer = Budvar, Peroni, John Smiths

A coupla nips spirits = This eventuality never happens with me.

House Beer = I usually have a stash of ales or Brewdogs to try out of a schoolnight, usually just have the one.

House Spirits = I dont drink nips in the house. Unless its New Year but even then its not a usual occurence .

House wine = I sometimes like to have a glass of red in the house. Im no wine expert, Im liking Riojas these days though. I cant drink too much red, makes me feel ill after a few glasses for some reason.

Drink with a meal (I'm eating and it's past 5pm) = White wine, whatever me and the wife can agree on. I like Pinot Grigio, she likes Chardonnay so we need to try and find some middle groundnot easy.