aberdeen-music

Dirty Hearts Club 5th Birthday Party @ Snafu - FRIGHTENED RABBIT (acoustic) + support

DETAILS BELOW:

Dirty Hearts Club 5th Birthday Party

@ SNAFU

Thursday 27th January 2011

Doors: 8.00pm

FRIGHTENED RABBIT (Scott Solo)

+ THE LITTLE KICKS

+ JJ BULL

+ DHC DJs till 2am

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

Frightened Rabbit on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Support willl come from THE LITTLE KICKS

THE LITTLE KICKS on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

+

JJ BULL

JJ Bull on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Club Snafu | Aberdeen Nightclub Home

Tickets: 8.00 from Snafu website/ One Up Records/ Ticketweb

TicketWeb

*Please note this gig will run from 8pm till 11pm, for customers wishing to attend the clubnight only, entry will be 4 from 11pm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Change of headliner:

It is our regret to inform you that We Were Promised Jetpacks have had to pull out of the Dirty Hearts Club Birthday Event on the 27th January at Snafu. Unfortunately one of the band members is seriously ill meaning that the band have had to cancel all forthcoming commitments. As a replacement headliner, Frightened Rabbit (Scott solo) will be playing an acoustic set at the event instead. Purchased tickets are still valid for the event and all other details remain the same.

If you would like to buy tickets they are available from One Up Records (in person), Atheneum (in person), Ticketweb and Snafu's website (Club Snafu | Aberdeen Nightclub Home).

Refunds are also available from point of purchase. sorry for any inconvenience caused.

DETAILS BELOW:

Dirty Hearts Club 5th Birthday Party

@ SNAFU

Thursday 27th January 2011

Doors: 8.00pm

FRIGHTENED RABBIT (Scott Solo)

+ THE LITTLE KICKS

+ JJ BULL

+ DHC DJs till 2am

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

Frightened Rabbit on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We are very happy to announce that in Jetpacks

Support willl come from THE LITTLE KICKS

THE LITTLE KICKS on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

+

JJ BULL

JJ Bull on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Club Snafu | Aberdeen Nightclub Home

Tickets: 8.00 from Snafu website/ One Up Records/ Ticketweb

TicketWeb

*Please note this gig will run from 8pm till 11pm, for customers wishing to attend the clubnight only, entry will be 4 from 11pm

Sam- not pulled out but we tried to get them LAST year and it never came off so was chuffed to get for this one but alas it isnt to be....

We will be getting a rescheduled date hopefully but as its too early to say were just doing refunds if people dont want to come anymore. I dont expect many refunds to come in though (or hope so anyway!).

Going to try and be fairly sharp as we want to allow those who dont want to come for the bands to still come and enjoy the club/ party later BUT more importantly we would like to avoid said club people coming in and talking over the headliners set.

I think during our set ill maybe make a point of reminding people to shut the fuck up for the next act.

Everyone at the gig has full permission to beat anyone who is caught talking loudly/ DOUBLE BEATING if they are doing so with their back to the stage or anyone who is merely chatting at bar not watching).

Rants aside...

Stage times are looking to be something like this but are subject to change:

8pm DOORS

8.40pm - 9.10pm - JJ BULL + THE DINASOURS

9.25pm - 10.00pm - THE LITTLE KICKS

10.15pm - FRIGHTENED RABBIT (Scott Solo)

Ill post up accurate ones near the day but i think this is likely to be the rough timings.

May change slightly when I speak to Scott and see how long he wants to play.

Curfew is 2am so DHC DJS (me) will be on after until close.

If anyone is interested in coming just for the clubnight and not the bands its 4.00 entry from 11.30pm

Afraid not- there wont be any on the doors unless some are returned.

However, there was a couple of returns to ticketweb today (ive just been informed) so maybe keep an eye on Ticketweb in case some come up - there may be a few people returning due to Jetpacks pulling out/ maybe cant go etc.

But there will be no tickets on the door.

As with standard gigs at bigger venues there will be no pass outs either.

Horrible crowd last night. Full of cunts.

I don't understand people who buy tickets for these gigs and then proceed to talk shite the entire time (especially screeching women.... how fucking annoying are they). VERY is the answer.

Snafu is a terrible venue for gigs too.

I'm sure it would have been great had I been able to hear or see anything though.

Maybe it's because I was right down the front, but I thought it was brilliant. That said, when I had to leave at 11 to catch my bus I realised that anyone who wasn't in the first couple rows must have been having a bit of a shit time if they were trying to watch/listen to Scott.

Gutted I had to leave though, I think I was heading out just as he was doing Good Arms v Bad Arms. What else did he play after that?

Got to say, loved JJ Bull and the Dinosaurs and The Little Kicks sounded great as well :up:

Guest idol_wild
Some cunt with shaggy blonde highlighted hair in an appalling check shirt was giving me "What the fuck you smirking at mate?!?".

A perfect moment for the old rustling around in your pockets before you let on that you've found something, before removing hand from pocket and flicking him the Vs. :up:

You also should have brought him up for calling you 'mate'.

A perfect moment for the old rustling around in your pockets before you let on that you've found something, before removing hand from pocket and flicking him the Vs. :up:

You also should have brought him up for calling you 'mate'.

That would have been good, but it's a case of weighing up momentary victory against subsquently getting decked. I do wish for once I'd go for the momentary victory though, at least take the risk. If I was your height I probably would.