aberdeen-music

Floyd Rose Swap.....

synysterguitargod

• 4 weeks later...

Just read this... Personally I wouldn't bother changing the Ibanez FR style trem, unless I was going for another floating trem set up... possibly Kahler. If you don't use it to it's full potential, why not try locking it from round back? ie. blocks of wood to stop/lessen the movement?

I know it's really simple to do with some trem's, but I've never had an Ibanez, so it's just a suggestion :)

Isn't it called treml-no or something?

I believe that would be it.

found it here Tremol-No

The 'advantage' (depending on whether you want it or not) would be the bridge doesn't move when you do string bends and you can potentially use a different tuning without the absolute need for re-setting up your guitar to same extent. It also is easy to turn on/off and remove, which is an advantage over more radical solutions.

An explanation of it

Swapping to something completely different would be a pain int eh backside - you will need to remove the floyd, fill in all the empty area where it used to be (a nice big hole through the body), then reroute as needed for a new model, plus repainting the guitar to cover where wood has been added/removed

If you don't use it the easier option is just to block it off - pop off the back plate of the guitar, and use a few bits of wood to fill the space either side of the metal piece coming through from the back so it cannot move - bingo, you now have a hard tail. It takes a while to get them to fit well and not leave any room for the bridge to move, but it is doable.