aberdeen-music

Fender Blackout Range...

Clean My Wounds

A chicken in every pot, and a Fender for every household tovarisch, that is the 5 year plan.

I just checked that they have the Sonic Blue with a maple board, it looks like the bastard muscly cousin of my Classic 50s beaut, so now I definitely really like it.

78540_l.jpg

Stickers can go anywhere except the guitar.

That turquoise/blue Strat is nice. I like the Fender Twin knobs on there. The Blacktop Jaguar looks slick too. Obviously you could make standard Fender guitars look like that, but I imagine these guitars will appeal to those who aren't too confident about sawing chunks out of their guitars and finger boards and messing about with a soldering iron. Fair one, really.

Still, I'd want to chop out the pick ups they come with I imagine, so not really worth the money for me.

I don't need a new guitar, but if they had the Jazzmaster in the same silver colour as the Jaguar and it had a maple fretboard, that would be 1 sale. As it stands, no deal! I really like the look of the range in general too, love the look of the strats and teles too, but I'm already covered in the area they cover... :(

Do think the '59 Gibson story is true?

I do actually. Posted the link before I read the thread. Was disappointed as TDPRI is normally a very cool forum, the people questioning that guy were dicks. As a father myself I can say without question that I would give either of my sons a 59 Les Paul to play, especially if I had bought it for $500 20 years ago.