aberdeen-music

Technics 1200/1210 wiring :(

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

OK, so my 2nd deck bombed out on me last week (it was the 2nd of my cheaper Numark decks which I was hoping to replace with a 1210).

I was straight on to ebay and managed to pick up a rather sad looking but apparently functional 1210 for 79.

It had a couple of issues with it but I've managed to sort them all out. The only remaining issue is a rather important one...it only plays out of one channel!

I've taken the plates off and unfortunately it looks like the wiring from the tonearm to the deck itself is a little bit fucked up. Here's what it should look like:

1Undertonearmexposed.jpg

Now, I think that might not be a mk2 like mine because the shape is slightly different. But basically the white wire is broken and i need to feed it through the body back up to the tone arm and solder/tape them together. Tried attaching it to nylon, guitar strings etc and can't feed it through even though I can poke them through without the wire attached.

Does anyone on the forum have experience servicing these things who would take a look in exchange for a bottle of booze or something? fuck taking them to atmosphere and getting charged 200 quid or something to get em fixed.