aberdeen-music

Im Bored

MC Nice Andrew

Found myself in the rut of skipping music more than i am listening to it (in a music player/ipod shuffle enviroment), anyone got any recommendations?

Bands I have truly enjoyed/got into recently;

Band of Horses,The Faceless, Frightened Rabbit, Temper Trap, maudlin of the Well.

Having said that, i could be down to my short attention span and the way i listen to music; usually in the car or on plugs at work, and i am not giving music the time of day and just looking for a instantly indentifiable hook to fit my mood or whatever. Which maybe makes for an interesting topic of discussion.

Found myself in the rut of skipping music more than i am listening to it (in a music player/ipod shuffle enviroment), anyone got any recommendations?

Band of Horses,The Faceless, Frightened Rabbit, Temper Trap, maudlin of the Well.

Having said that, i could be down to my short attention span and the way i listen to music; usually in the car or on plugs at work, and i am not giving music the time of day and just looking for a instantly indentifiable hook to fit my mood or whatever. Which maybe makes for an interesting topic of discussion.

If you like Band of Horses, you might like their depressing but good sister band, Carissa's Wierd

for Maudlin of the Well have you tried Toby Driver's other band Kayo Dot? They're great. Not really alike though. Maybe alike try The Pax Cecilia (free download of their last album which is really good (the Pax Cecilia)

Tried any of the more progressive/experimental sludge bands?The Ocean, Intronaut and The Great Sabatini are all worth a check out.

Similar to The Faceless... First one I'd check out would be Augury. They've also got the whole 'cosmic' themes to their music and sound. If you're missing any Atheist I'd give that a spin. More obscure experimental stuff like !.T.O.O.H.! (maybe too crazy!), Lykathea Aflame, Alarum (very Cynic influenced) and Coprofago might be worth a go. Wastelands by Hacksaw to the Throat is a gem that's pretty obscure.

Finally just random stuff that vaguely sounds like some bands you mentioned -> Exotic Animal Petting Zoo (check em out!!!), all of Hopesfall's catalogue is a good listen, Rinoa, Devil Sold His Soul?

Finally for more free instrumental stuff The Discovery | Cloudkicker this and the other free EP's are good :)

Hopefully amongst all that you will find something you like :up: Or if you've just got a short attention span I could point you to a heap of mathcore stuff.

So nobody like Upsilon Acrux then?

I think they sound a bit cluttered. It's almost too difficult to actually hear what's going on at times. Some nice stuff in there though.

Back to recommendations.... for less chaotic version of the 2 bands teabags posted, I love LITE. Don't really like the synths in last 2 EP's though :(

t and toe are also good listens.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Toe - RGB - Tremolo+delay (live)

Going back to teh metulz, I take it you know Obscura? They're not too dissimilar to The Faceless. Also just check usual suspects, Anata, Gorod, Pestilence, Soreption etc.

Guest idol_wild

I would highly recommend you listen to a song called Let's Get Out Of Here by Les Savy Fav.

It's the best angular guitar pop song I have ever heard. If you like some neat guitar interplay, give it a spin.

• 1 month later...