aberdeen-music

Stolen Gear .:100 reward:.

wastepicker

Hi, a whole heap of Dj equipment was taken from Drummonds on Sunday evening If anyone gets offered it for sale please let me know via PM or email. 100 reward for anyone that helps get it back.

It looks like this2113.jpg

Inside the bag was:

Audio 8 Soundcard (native instruments)

1 x 500gb icybox media hdd

1x1tb seagate hdd

2xmulticore cables for traktor

BMR341257.jpg

1x Sony mdr v500 headphones

1Stanton box of 6 styli/carts

traktor control vinyl/cds

various cables (xlr/phono/usb/svideo)

blue t-shirt

If anyone has this and wants to hand it back anonymously no questions asked you can drop it in to atmosphere lighting and sound, 67/69 Nelson Street, Aberdeen or just leave it behind the bar at drummonds.

This equipment belongs to a Dj who needs it to make a living as the hard drives contain all his music/visuals. It is not insured. Please help get it back if you can.

cheers

I've just heard that a canon eos 7d(worth 1200) was taken from drummonds at the end of August as well. Anyone playng there should make sure they keep there gear close at all times.

In case someone has been reading these posts and is worried about the police, be assured if we get the items back in working order we wont be looking to prosecute anyone. We just need to get back these extremely important and personal items. Its about keeping the dj concerned in work since he needs this equipment to make a living.

I've just heard that a canon eos 7d(worth 1200) was taken from drummonds at the end of August as well. Anyone playng there should make sure they keep there gear close at all times.

In case someone has been reading these posts and is worried about the police, be assured if we get the items back in working order we wont be looking to prosecute anyone. We just need to get back these extremely important and personal items. Its about keeping the dj concerned in work since he needs this equipment to make a living.

Am I missing the point here?

A few years ago someone I know had their flat burgled and their guitar stolen, a well respected member of the local scene got a lead on the guitar and bought it back for peanuts and returned it to its owner and the culprit (or is that thieving shitbag bastard) got off scott free.... and made a few quid on the deal... to me thats just not right, even if he had his knees broken or something.....o_O

• 2 weeks later...

It's a corrugated fence thing which rolls down in front of the stage (like a garage/lock-up door) and keeps the on-stage gear safe from dodgers (although, obviously, there are rarely any dodgers in the Moorings (in comparison with Belmont St places).

The last 'dodger-esque' character I found wandering about before a soundcheck in Tunnels turned out to be a member of the main band. He realised I was eyeing him with some suspicion and introduced himself.

It's a corrugated fence thing which rolls down in front of the stage (like a garage/lock-up door) and keeps the on-stage gear safe from dodgers (although, obviously, there are rarely any dodgers in the Moorings (in comparison with Belmont St places).

The last 'dodger-esque' character I found wandering about before a soundcheck in Tunnels turned out to be a member of the main band. He realised I was eyeing him with some suspicion and introduced himself.

Not chicken wire in a Bob's Country Bunker stylee then?