aberdeen-music

New Guitar Shop In Aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!

SHAWN THE OX

They are all affordable for customers and beat half the shit bands have to put up with in venues.

the shite ( peavey' date=' celestion, behringer,etc ) that bruce millers and R&B try to flog is not worth the money that most people part with.

[/quote']

As far as venues go you appear confused. I can't think of a single venue in Aberdeen that has shit equipment, not when they have an engineer anyway.

The cost of a full PA system is prohibitive for bands (not just the capital outlay but transport/storage and extra time/people to set up) so the systems that instrument shops sell is geared to the small scale performance, or for rehearsal purposes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea' date=' like David has said, have you got any ideas on pricing yet? Mine is also a strat style body but i was thinking of more complicated graphics.[/quote']

it was realy graphic type stuff we were thinking about coz the guy we have been in talks with is a tatoo guy so it was that kinda thing were thinking of doing and not respay type stuff

Hey, i know i'm a bit late on this, but i hope everything is going well for you guys (Neil and Shawn). It's always good to see your mates having a crack at something they love. Also guilty of never having been in, but it is on my to do list.

Also, Shawn, i'd like to speak to you about graphics for my guitar at some point, poss a design for my black fernandes. Out of interset which tattoo artist are you gonna be using?

Anyway good luck and all.

P.s unless you'vr spoken to them already, watch out coz BM'S are well pissed at you (Shawn) for taking all your hols for the year and i've heard some rather nasty stuff said.

sorry im @ work

Hey' date=' i know i'm a bit late on this, but i hope everything is going well for you guys (Neil and Shawn). It's always good to see your mates having a crack at something they love. Also guilty of never having been in, but it is on my to do list.

Also, Shawn, i'd like to speak to you about graphics for my guitar at some point, poss a design for my black fernandes. Out of interset which tattoo artist are you gonna be using?

Anyway good luck and all.

P.s unless you'vr spoken to them already, watch out coz BM'S are well pissed at you (Shawn) for taking all your hols for the year and i've heard some rather nasty stuff said.[/quote']

look forward to seeing you in the shop

its realy coming together

After being in the shop yesterday, I must say, it's shaping up to be a fucking excelent shop.

One question though, do you guys buy in second hand stuff, cause I need to raise a wee bit of money.

If yes, I have a Marshall MG 15DFX amp that I would be interested in selling off, absolutely fuck all wrong with it, instruction booklet intact, but unfortunately no box (well, maybe somewhere, but I can't think where). It was bought on the 21/12/2002, but as I said, is in great condition. How much would you guys pay for that?

The wonders of posting in a hurry' date=' thats all I can say. Oh, and the addition of stupidity.[/quote']

I dont get the B2TF pic but its always cool to scope marty bustin a 'chuck' move

Hay frosty were you drunk & posting? again!

(sorry back to the mater in hand)

I dont do buy in's

I would only do a trade in

and realy you should sell your amp your self coz

if i take it in i have to sell it @ its second hand value

inc VAT and i have to make money so what i would offer you would suck

so just sell it yourself

I dont get the B2TF pic but its always cool to scope marty bustin a 'chuck' move

Hay frosty were you drunk & posting? again!

(sorry back to the mater in hand)

I dont do buy in's

I would only do a trade in

and realy you should sell your amp your self coz

if i take it in i have to sell it @ its second hand value

inc VAT and i have to make money so what i would offer you would suck

so just sell it yourself

The B2TF thing was posted up by Frosty because I fucked up my description of the amp by saying I bought it on the 21/12/2004, which, of course, is impossible.

How much would you deduct for a trade in, because I will be buying a H&K Warp 112 depending on the amount.

I would like to see a big second-hand section' date=' with pedals, amps etc as well as guitars. What makes a shop cool is the attitude of the staff, so PRO SOUND are already cool!!!!!![/quote']

me too

im more interested in quality second hand stuff than new stuff

espesh amps, speakers and pedals

not necessarily posh vintage stuff either

when I mean quality I just mean that it works.....cosmetically it dont matter, too many shopd wont deal in second hand gear if its got a scratch or a dent or has ever been used.....which is stupid

all guitar shops should sell sythesisers too :up: