aberdeen-music

New Guitar Shop In Aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!

SHAWN THE OX

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm pretty much done with buying new stuff from R&B....an amp that was broken when I bought and has been repaired to death (DSL100!!)

I've had the same with my DSL50 I bought from them. It has eaten 3 output transformers in the past 4 years, the last 2 replaced by Marshall free of charge after some severe ranting and raving from me. I now have a 2203 that I've modded for more gain which I use as my primary amp, and carry the DSL only in case of emergency. The 2203 also has much better tone, as you folks who buy our new "Self Made Monsters" mini-album on Friday 13th will testify... ;)

do you know what fenders you will be stocking exactly yet? (guitar wise)

mainly, do you know if you will be getting in a MIM 52 tele, and a MIJ Jazzmaster?

and if so, do you know roughtly the prices of them

and how much are your strings? i need some more...

David

Had a peak into the store today and finally got my leads which allowed much noise making at captain toms. Looks like it will be a cool shop once theres more stock. Deffenately shall be returning in the near future to try out some of those amps! :up:

cables

You guys should make your own guitar leads to order. You can get Neutrik connectors and 100m of shielded top quality instrument cable for well under a hundred quid from Van Damme connections. The BBC use these guys for supplies. They stock absolutely bloody everything and will make to order as well.

check out their brochure.

mixers, pas and lights.

Would it not be true in saying that a performance is dependant on the atmosphere and signal quality from instrument to listener.

You guys should maybe have look at A.C Lightings website and also check out D& B speakers (specifially E9's ) and the new midas range of mixing desks (The warehouse in edinburgh could give you details for suppliers.)

They are all affordable for customers and beat half the shit bands have to put up with in venues.

Also Le Maitre effects machines ( haze, smoke, ooooo bubbles!)

They are all top notch.

the shite ( peavey, celestion, behringer,etc ) that bruce millers and R&B try to flog is not worth the money that most people part with.

You should definetly check out PLASA website.

Would it not be true in saying that a performance is dependant on the atmosphere and signal quality from instrument to listener.

You guys should maybe have look at A.C Lightings website and also check out D& B speakers (specifially E9's ) and the new midas range of mixing desks (The warehouse in edinburgh could give you details for suppliers.)

They are all affordable for customers and beat half the shit bands have to put up with in venues.

Also Le Maitre effects machines ( haze' date=' smoke, ooooo bubbles!)

They are all top notch.

the shite ( peavey, celestion, behringer,etc ) that bruce millers and R&B try to flog is not worth the money that most people part with.

You should definetly check out PLASA website.[/quote']

I sold PA and lights for 4years working in bruce millers and there welcome to it!

its not realy my scene any more.

we are working with quite a small ish shop unit and were wanting to be a realy good guitar/drum shop and not get drawn into being a

jack of all trades, master of none

we are keen to play to are strenths at this time

just to ask again' date=' do you know if you will be getting in a Fender MIM 52 tele, and a MIJ Jazzmaster? and if so, how much?

David[/quote']

yes i will but i wont have any for about 12 weeks coz of fender stock

im selling my Jag

its a mid 90's jap in 3col SB with a shaller bridge (the fender ones are crap)

in realy good nic

its a great player

iv lost the trem arm!

im looking for 400 for it

hey man popped in 2 see u the day but u were off jus fancied a blether an i had 2 see neil about a nut replacement but nicki told me he had jus left an he was swamped under anyway the place looks fuckin decent man an i reckon the gtr department will be sweet wen u get in the full stock!

take it easy,

Danny.

I went into the shop the other day and it looks like it's going to be really good.

Also, while I was in there I noticed one of the staff working on a custom painted guitar at the back of the bottom floor and this reminded me, it would be very cool if you guys got in touch with a guy who can do custom paintjobs on guitars (if there is one in the area) so customers can easily go through you for paint work (of course you would have to make a profit so like add your own small charge to the painters charge).

Just an idea

(oh and please stock some nice old Tele's, that would be awesome)

yes i will but i wont have any for about 12 weeks coz of fender stock

im selling my Jag

its a mid 90's jap in 3col SB with a shaller bridge (the fender ones are crap)

in realy good nic

its a great player

iv lost the trem arm!

im looking for 400 for it

i wasnt too keen in the jaguar i played, they just didnt sound as nice to me as a jazzmaster did

the switching system is very cool, but the big ass pickups in the jazzzmaster sounded so much nicer

tempting as it is, i will be waiting for a jazzmaster before i part with the cash

David

I went into the shop the other day and it looks like it's going to be really good.

THANK YOU!

I noticed one of the staff working on a custom painted guitar at the back of the bottom floor and this reminded me' date=' it would be very cool if you guys got in touch with a guy who can do custom paintjobs on guitars (if there is one in the area)

Just an idea

[/quote']

That is a good idea so good infact me and Neil (the tec) have already found a guy and we will be doing something very soon

thankyou for your input

c u later

hey man popped in 2 see u the day but u were off jus fancied a blether an i had 2 see neil about a nut replacement but nicki told me he had jus left an he was swamped under anyway the place looks fuckin decent man an i reckon the gtr department will be sweet wen u get in the full stock!

take it easy' date='

Danny.[/quote']

SORRY DUDE

hopfully see you soon

That is a good idea so good infact me and Neil (the tec) have already found a guy and we will be doing something very soon

thankyou for your input

c u later

any estimates on pricing?

i would be after a plain finish (british racing green) on a strat style body, and i could sand off the old finish if that would be easier for you guys

David

any estimates on pricing?

i would be after a plain finish (british racing green) on a strat style body' date=' and i could sand off the old finish if that would be easier for you guys

David[/quote']

Yea, like David has said, have you got any ideas on pricing yet? Mine is also a strat style body but i was thinking of more complicated graphics.