aberdeen-music

New Guitar Shop In Aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!

SHAWN THE OX

the Musicman bass they have in rnb is secondhand...

so some more musicman basses would be nice, and some guitars please too, even just the SUB range would be cool to see

im trying to think of all the other effects i would like to see, the only ones i can think of so far are Moog effects (mainly the ringmod) and the Dunlop rotovibe

which H&K amps are you getting in? the uber cool (and rather expensive) stuff like the triamp, or just the cheaper warps and suchlike (i did notice some H&K boxes downstairs when i looked in)

i am looking forwards to see more, and will hopefully get some cash so i can actually buy some stuff

i wander how many people would actually buy some of the stuff they are suggesting?

David

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so some more musicman basses would be nice' date=' and some guitars please too, even just the SUB range would be cool to see

David[/quote']

I plan on stocking the SUB stuff in the new year

which H&K amps are you getting in? the uber cool (and rather expensive) stuff like the triamp' date=' or just the cheaper warps and suchlike (i did notice some H&K boxes downstairs when i looked in)

David[/quote']

Its the WARP, VORTEX & EDITION BLUE 15/30 & the 20th aniv tube combo

were stocking but i can get anything thay do if you want to buy a TRIAMP

i can get you one

www.hughes-and-kettner.com

i wander how many people would actually buy some of the stuff they are suggesting?

David

just what i was thinking!!!!!!

hey shawn! congrats and good luck! .

Thanx dude

all the best to you with your new thing!!

you can 'shoot' the ee boys anytime

as a more standard suggestion what about doing deals on strings like 2 packs for a fiver or something(doesn't have to be a fiver' date=' just some kind of multibuy thingy).[/quote']

THERE WILL BE GREAT STRING DEALS!!!!

I would like a soundproof booth to try out equipment, 'cause in R and B, I always feel really intimidated when I try something and sound shit then some dude next to me picks up a guitar and plays a Malmsteen song or something. I know I shouldn't be because it's not supposed to be about showing off etc. but I think more people would be inclined so try equipment if they could do it in privacy, like in Millers'.

but I think more people would be inclined so try equipment if they could do it in privacy' date=' like in Millers'.[/quote']

THe booth at millers isn't completely sound proof anyway. If you crank up an amp in there, you still get some idiot standing at the glass frowning at what you're doing.

But all that said, even if theres just a side area for testing it would be cool. As others have said, R & B sucks for testing out shit. Unless you're with folk you know or are full of yourself, I reckon most folk don't enjoy the feeling of testing at that shop.

Can't wait to grab my seven string and head down to test out some amps like.

Will the shop be pretty well stocked to begin with, or will we have to wait a couple of weeks to see a wide range of stuff?

Will the shop be pretty well stocked to begin with' date=' or will we have to wait a couple of weeks to see a wide range of stuff?[/quote']

If your looking for an amp we have the hughs & kettner stuff in now and if you play a seven string it would be worth checking out the WARP or the VORTEX combos

they rock there realy loud and pack that modern crunch!!

When it comes to trying stuff out there not a booth or room (at the moment) but no one should be intimidated about trying stuff

im realy easy going about stuff like that.

I would like to add (even though its cheesy)

all four members of staff @ prosound are gigging musicians

who were once out shopping with a parent for there first guitar/bass/kit or whatever

Who play gigs and have the same problems as everyone else so you should feel free to ask us for any advise.

We are planning to have a musical agony aunt style bit on the web site where you can ask us for advice

On technical of gear based problems

the best ones will be posted on the web site.

We are really dedicated to the live scene in Aberdeen

So we will be happy to put up any posters advertising gigs and we will have a

BAND MEMBERS WANTED style board as well

We have just donated a new house kit to the wonderful

Dr Drakes

A PEARL ELX in a blue ish tranz purple colour

Which is cool !!!!!

When it comes to trying stuff out there not a booth or room (at the moment) but no one should be intimidated about trying stuff

im realy easy going about stuff like that.

you may be easy going about that stuff, but its still a bit intimidating sitting about with lots of people about watching you, or in complete silence when the shop is empty and the staff listening in to your playing

oh, and you also need to remember to get a 'stairway...denied' sign

every shop needs such a sign (or custom version)

David

oh' date=' and you also need to remember to get a 'stairway...denied' sign

every shop needs such a sign (or custom version)[/quote']

Ha, either that or a list of songs which can't be played. That said, The Darkness is a must for the list.

What sort of prices we looking at for cables and strings? It seems I may be popping in on monday due to all my guitars needing strings and one of my cables being fucked.

I'm having a great time just now with equipment :rolleyes:

Wow! Its all early days right now

I dont know what the lead prices are going to be but I know I am mainly going to be stocking

PLANET WAVE cables that are really really good and come with a life time warranty

I cant think of better value than that

I dont want to announce the string prices here (you never know whos reading this)

But come to the store and see I can guarantee the best string prices in town!!

I would never dream of banning tunes

If you dig the Darkness play the Darkness

play Stairway (we have a twin neck SG in @ the moment it would be a crime if someone didnt )

Play smoke on the Fn water

If someone digs a tune they dig a tune who am I to stop them playing it

It will be a dark day when I start putting up signs dictating what you can or cant play in the shop

that sniffs of class A snobery to me and Boarderline fascism

At the end of the day people are looking at guitars not playing for my entertainment

so why should I care as long as they respect the shop and the goods and equipment and staff everyones happy!!!

Marshall,

No Im not going to sell Marshall

and I have many reasons for this

The two main ones are,

As a company they are hard to deal with because they love R&B

The other is,

They are a massive name in amps 'market leaders' if you will and its true there

BRITISH MADE amps & cabs rock

who am I to disagree with Zakk or Slash

but and theres a big but!!!!

The mass produced VS? and G? stuff is nothing like the UK stuff and I really dont like it

for the money theres a lot better stuff out there than the cheaper Marshall stuff

And theres better stuff than the UK stuff as well

I am not a fan

wow thats alot of stuffs

Wow! Its all early days right now

I dont know what the lead prices are going to be but I know I am mainly going to be stocking

PLANET WAVE cables that are really really good and come with a life time warranty

I cant think of better value than that

I dont want to announce the string prices here (you never know whos reading this)

But come to the store and see I can guarantee the best string prices in town!!

I would never dream of banning tunes

If you dig the Darkness play the Darkness

play Stairway (we have a twin neck SG in @ the moment it would be a crime if someone didnt )

Play smoke on the Fn water

If someone digs a tune they dig a tune who am I to stop them playing it

It will be a dark day when I start putting up signs dictating what you can or cant play in the shop

that sniffs of class A snobery to me and Boarderline fascism

At the end of the day people are looking at guitars not playing for my entertainment

so why should I care as long as they respect the shop and the goods and equipment and staff everyones happy!!!

Marshall' date='

No Im not going to sell Marshall

and I have many reasons for this

The two main ones are,

As a company they are hard to deal with because they love R&B

The other is,

They are a massive name in amps 'market leaders' if you will and its true there

BRITISH MADE amps & cabs rock

who am I to disagree with Zakk or Slash

but and theres a big but!!!!

The mass produced VS? and G? stuff is nothing like the UK stuff and I really dont like it

for the money theres a lot better stuff out there than the cheaper Marshall stuff

And theres better stuff than the UK stuff as well

I am not a fan

wow thats alot of stuffs[/quote']

it might be a good idea to look into george l cables, they are pretty much regarded as one of the best cables around. they are slightly more expensive than the planet waves, but you do get to make them yourselves (they use solderless connections) to suit any custom lengths you want

and i dont think having a stairway denied sign is really snobbery or fascism, more a common joke shared between guitar shops...

David

Wow! Sounds awesome! Personally I'm pretty much done with buying new stuff from R&B....an amp that was broken when I bought and has been repaired to death (DSL100!!) a guitar that was broken when I bought it, list goes on....

Being a man of no credit, will there be the option to put down deposits on equipment? I also want to buy the following guitar...

14may_154.jpg

...but a) can't afford it yet and b) dunno how it feels/sounds etc....can you please stock one specifically for me so I can put down a deposit and play it to death in the shop every day to see if I wanna buy it or not?? :D:D:D:D:D:D

will you be getting in any fender amps?

also' date=' have a look at [url']www.lovepedal.com they make some brilliant stuff

David

The name makes me laugh, lovepedal, pedals in the shape of penises? I'm sorry I have got a slightly dirty mind!

Hate to kinda push a point, but will there be cables and the like on sale tomorrow. I can't be assed with Millers prices for stuff, and I don't really enjoy the experience of R&B that much.

Oh, and one thing thats yet to be asked. Opening times?

Chances are I'll be waiting at the door, money in hand if you have cables in. Which would be a funny sight to see.

Oh, and planet wave cables are fucking class. Got one that I've been using for probably just about a year solid without any problem. Where as, I've been through like three venom cables in a short space of time.

will there be the option to put down deposits on equipment?

Yes but its more put down a deposit then pay the balince not come in every week with a fiver kinda thing

I also want to buy the following guitar...

that is a fantastic axe!! double cut' date=' LP Jr, in TV YELLOW

with P90'S that guitar would be fantasicly dirty and totaly rocking

can you please stock one specifically for me so I can put down a deposit and play it to death in the shop every day to see if I wanna buy it or not??

in one word

NO!!!!!!

to be a fender dealer you must have some amps so i will

I will check out the lovepedal thing

ulterior motives aside, they are brilliant pedals.

also check out keeley, he mods some common types of pedals (Boss SD/DS, Rat, tubescreamer) and makes some of this own and they are top quality pedals

and why can i only think of manufacturers one at a time?

David