aberdeen-music

Atreyu

Acey Trixx

Guest highroller

they fucking own...one of my fave bands. everything about them is awesome...once they get under your skin, thats it. They have taken their brand of metalcore and made it very dark and brutal but also highly melodic and accessible at the same time...big influence on mmw.

Guest highroller

ok when you get them...listen to suicide notes first...its very important that you get into that first...put the curse away...dont even listen to it for a day or two...temptation will beckon but fuck it...

hang with suicide notes then the curse will seem explosively amazing to you...ok?

Guest highroller

dont worry...jims a hardcore elitist ;) He doesnt like the fact they try and look as good as their music sounds..."haircut hardcore" an all that... ;)

do it Grant. You will thank me...suicide notes 4-5 times...then go to curse...and dont see it as warm up for the main event because it isnt. Its every bit as good as the curse just in a different way. In fact weapon bassist alex is a huge atryu fan and completely prefers EVERYTHING about suicide notes to the curse whereas i love them both but the curse to me is way better...its a personal thing ya know. I just thing if you play the curse first you wont appreciate sucide notes as much.

Guest highroller
I didn't like 'Suicide Notes...' but I think I may just go out right now and buy 'The Curse' to see if they're as over-rated as I suspect. I shall return...

with that attitude you wont end up liking it will ya dude?

Guest highroller

:rockon:

Ace band - in fact' date=' was playing last night at 2am when my front tyre blew out at 50mph on the Kingsway in Dundee. Fun indeed......[/quote']

dont worry...jims a hardcore elitist ;) He doesnt like the fact they try and look as good as their music sounds..."haircut hardcore" an all that... ;)

Haha, 'Elitist' no. Purist, maybe.

Just had a quick flick though the tracks on 'The Curse'. I like the production but the music's pretty similar to everything else in that genre at the moment. There's a couple of cringe-worthy radio rock tracks (the 3rd track) on it but also some big fat breakdowns (the 5th track). I'll have to listen to it some more.

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit what they look like as long as they're honest about what they do. Fact of the matter is there's so few bands like that around these days - everyone's more concerned with their eyeliner and the angle of their trucker caps than the music. THAT's what irritates me. You can look like a tit all you want, as long as you rock like a motherfucker...

Guest highroller

really, what dont you like by him?

the beloved (us) album is awesome and he did that, the second from autum to ashes album is awesome and he did that...

i actually dont think he overproduces on those two...atreyu would have wanted that silky smooth sound on "the curse" dont ya think bro?

What sort of bands are you into?

well im looking to expand my tastes so more or less anything is welcome. and i'll give it a try but the stuff im listening to now is stuf like Taking Back Sunday, Killswitch Enage , Atreyu(once i get the albums just now only got the one video track but its all good), MMw, Avenged Sevenfold but i also listen to stuff like Guns N Roses, Sex Pistols, Backyard Babies but im definitly more into the bands i listed first...at least i seem to be growing that way anyways

Guest highroller

ok well ill put in my two cents. Im sure Jim will agree with some. i guess the best idea is to list the best albums by some bands to start with...then if you love you can explore thier other works.

strung out - an american paradox

glasseater - everything is beautiful when you dont look down

18 visions - vanity...these guys mix up rock and roll with metalcore so you should really like em.

underoath - theyre only chasing safety

poison the well...any of their records.

and if you love TBS try "pollyanna" by Northstar

if you wanna really look at some great "hardcore" thats pushing the envelope a little then try anything on the ferret label...bands like everytime i die, scarlet, remembering never, misery signals, blood has been shed....these are all bands that are hard to really get into but once you do...oh boy!!

anything on the trustkill label as well is usually awesome...armsbendback are an amazing band.

you mustve heard finch yeah??

really' date=' what dont you like by him?

the beloved (us) album is awesome and he did that, the second from autum to ashes album is awesome and he did that...

i actually dont think he overproduces on those two...atreyu would have wanted that silky smooth sound on "the curse" dont ya think bro?[/quote']

Haha, you answered your own question...