aberdeen-music

Fifa 11

Moose

Practice in the arena, one one of the shoulder buttons turns on an aiming guide, which you can't see in actual games. You need to hold the direction down for just a little bit, perhaps about 2 seconds tops, then let go, otherwise the aim just keeps going wider and wider. Alot also depends on how good the player is at taking penalties.

If you take a penalty in the practice arena (press the d-pad in any direction when the ball is in the box) you can turn on the 'indicator'.

This at least gives you a bit more of an idea about the insane aiming system, although I'm still awful at penalties.

If you stutter your run-up (circle while running towards the ball) then the stick movement you make immediately after the button press has a much bigger impact on shot direction than normal - much more chance of pelting it wide though; again; a bit of practice with this in the arena should make it a bit easier.

Aye, but the direction seems almost random. A wee smidge left or full whack left, the ball still seems to steam out for a throw in. Bah.

Yeah the direction and power are both pretty sensitive. I tend to do my aim whilst the player is running, just a subtle left or right on the control stick.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone else getting really annoyed with people taking Chelsea online? It's probably my own fault because I am a total 4 1/2 star merchant (Lyon, Valencia, Villareal, Milan and Arsenal being my usual selection), but Chelsea just seem to have infinite pace, strength, finishing, free kick ability, heading, tackling..... They also seem to be able to make my team play worse, such as AI controlled defenders leaving people onside and so on.

Anyone else getting really annoyed with people taking Chelsea online? It's probably my own fault because I am a total 4 1/2 star merchant (Lyon, Valencia, Villareal, Milan and Arsenal being my usual selection), but Chelsea just seem to have infinite pace, strength, finishing, free kick ability, heading, tackling..... They also seem to be able to make my team play worse, such as AI controlled defenders leaving people onside and so on.

This kills the game for me. It's the reason I stopped playing it. Happens against CPU or online. Fullbacks standing way behind the line the centre backs are holding, so strikers just burst through, miles onside by a fullback about 50 yards away. Annoying!

Maxi, I'll add you when I'm on next. Last night was emotional, as my beleaguered Arabs triumphed 2 nil over an admittedly eratic Chelsea. Goodie with the opener, then Daly with a fine header to seal the points. I'd like to thank my mother, god, my management...

(Disclaimer: I suspect I was playing a toddler, as after I scored the first, they took off Terry and put Kalou at centre half...)