aberdeen-music

Fifa 11

Moose

Just downloaded the demo, this has got to be the best thing ever. Its hard to get a good game going with the 3 minute halfs but you can tell how good it is. The gameplay is unreal. The way that each player plays in their position is unbelievable!!! Played as Chelsea to begin as they were the team I knew best and its so awesome how Mikel is always lurking in the midfield to muscle the attacking players of the ball; and the way Alex and Terry can tackle amazingly. I can't really articulate, I'm so excited for Friday. Quite sad really....

What the fuck is up with the penalties though?!?

ps: this is amazing.

Penalties are hard unless you played the World Cup game and watched the tutorial, and then practised them for quite a while. It was a bit daft not to include that in the demo.

The tackling is the best improvement so far. Timing a slide tackle to perfection is almost as satisfying as scoring a goal. The passing has been made harder, so you can't just ping it about and you have to be more patient. I thought as a result they would have made the demo halves a bit longer.

It's going to be a slow week at work. Can't wait!

Aye, no idea how to score a pen, unless I'm blasting it down the middle. The player perks and what not - a la Pro ev (middle shooting, playmaker etc) - will make this the perfect game. I think the defending midfeilder and centre back roles have been revolutionised in terms of football games and like you said (although I hate the cunt) pulling off a sliding tackle with John Terry (while pretending he's Andrew Considine) is so satisfying. Apparently the way players develop has been totally changed as well which will make the career mode soooo much better.

That was a whole lot of parenthesis.

The personalities of the players seem to be ravamped too. The team chemistry whe you play as Barca compared to Madrid is astoundingly different. The Madrid players don't read the other players very well. That's pretty cool. As a result, if you play as Manchester City, they probably all just run round in circles and then fall over.

Its hard to get a real flavour for it but the individual players are really going to matter as well. I think it will be much harder to play players out of position than 10 as certain players seem to be taylored for specific positions. The DMFs impact is probably the most instantly noticable but the playmakers in each team begin to feel noticeably distinct, as well as full-backs and wingers. Players play like they do in real life, for instance, I have scored a 40 yard rocket with Dani Alves, dribbled through 3 or 4 players with Messi, chested it down and scored from a half volley with Drogba and pulled of impossible passes with Iniesta. This is where the individual traits and special abilities of each player will really make a difference. I definitely agree that the difference between playing with each team is more noticeable than ever also and teams seem to play more like they do in real life, especially under the control of the computer.

I wonder if Blackburn Rovers will hoof long balls up to Chris Samba, who will alternate between CF and CB, while other players get in the way of the opposition.

Soda Jerk is right. When there is beer involved it is even better, mind you, I don't play online.

I have a big TV, a large living room and - in roughly 18 hours - Fifa 11...

Does anyone know where abouts in Aberdeen will be selling it at midnight? (not that I'd go out at midnight to buy it!!! That's ludicrous!!!)

I'll be picking it up first thing in the morning somewhere, then sitting in sheer agony at work whilst the game sits in my rucksack next to me. I might even fake a migraine or stick my fingers down my throat at about half past 2.

There's not many great deals for it at the moment like there was last year. Morrisons promised 27 on launch day, but they took that back when they found out Tesco and Asda were offering lesser deals.

FOOTBALL!!

I'll probably buy it in the morning. I should probably do some dissertation work tonight, rather than pining for a computer game. However, as I'm doing my dissertation, I can also take tomorrow off to play it. I call it the Fifa 11 public holiday, that apllies only to me, and I can then play Fifa 11 through till Sunday night. Who knows? I might make it a 4 day weekend....

Students really are scum.

I'll be picking it up first thing in the morning somewhere, then sitting in sheer agony at work whilst the game sits in my rucksack next to me. I might even fake a migraine or stick my fingers down my throat at about half past 2.

There's not many great deals for it at the moment like there was last year. Morrisons promised 27 on launch day, but they took that back when they found out Tesco and Asda were offering lesser deals.

FOOTBALL!!

Picked it up this morning and now its sat on my desk. Unless my pummeling migraine goes away, I probably won't be playing it tonight. What a shite day to be ill.

Has it got to the stage where you are lying to yourself? Have you convinced yourself you're ill?!?

I got it this morning but only had a chance for 1 game as I have many things to do as it turns out. Playing with a 7 minute half is far better than those shitty 3 minute ones from the demo. I think it will be the best thing ever, I just have to discipline myself as there are a lot of far more important things going on.

When I started the new game it said: "Your playing level is experienced. Football games are your passion." I sure hope thats not true...

Stop looking at a computer screen.

Sage advice I would have thought.

I'm still playing pro evs on the PS2. I assume I'm missing out on something a lot more special. If I were to get a new console what should it be? (bearing I mind I only have interest in football games)

Sage advice I would have thought.

I'm still playing pro evs on the PS2. I assume I'm missing out on something a lot more special. If I were to get a new console what should it be? (bearing I mind I only have interest in football games)

X-box 360 is good. No point getting the Fifa games on the PS2 as they are designed for the more recent consoles.

I've had some time to play Fifa now, it is pretty sensational. I've gone with Blackburn Rovers for my first manager mode, as per usual. Had some cracking games so far, beat Bolton on penalities in the cup after 0-0 after half-time, a red card on either side and about 4 or 5 yellow cards. Narrowly lost to Sunderland 3-2 away after Darren Bent got his hat-trick in the 89th minute. Beat Man Utd at Old Trafford 1-0 after a 5th minute David Dunn screamer from 30 yards.

Jamie O'Hara was my only signing and he's been very good. Sold El Hadj Diouf for 4.5m as he's a complete tink and we fell out. Benjani has been very good too.

Cool story and all that, but fuck it, I'm having great fun. On my own. On a Friday night.