aberdeen-music

R&B Music: I've had enough

modman

Guest Bob Double Jack
I have learned through this post that you actually can't read.

And i have learned that there are people taking this thread way too seriously. Amazing feat typing without reading ability. I promise i wont post any more on this thread due to successful sense of humour bypass operations.

I think vanilla lattes would be a great addition to the menu

And i have learned that there are people taking this thread way too seriously. Amazing feat typing without reading ability. I promise i wont post any more on this thread due to successful sense of humour bypass operations.

I think vanilla lattes would be a great addition to the menu

I thought your verbal diarrhea was a result of you mashing your paws off the keyboard and it was just sheer luck that they formed badly constructed sentences? ;)

If it was meant to be funny, it wasn't. I just found it derogatory to say that i don't know what i'm doing because the shop i work in also happens to sell coffee.

I have used every music shop there has been in Aberdeen over the last 40+ years, and as far as R&B is concerned I wouldnt put an amp in there for repair ever again, over the years I have used them for this purpose on three occasions and each was a disaster. I have used BM's many times and cant remember there being a major problem, sometimes a repair took some time but they never left me stuck.

I now dont use R&B at all even though I have never had any issues with staff or stuff I have purchased, but its easy to loose faith in a shop that lets you down and doesnt seem too bothered about it.

G...

I put my guitar to them a couple of years ago to get the volume pots replaced as they were getting increasingly scratchy. Had them replaced with stock Gibson pots but after trying them out realised that I wasn't getting any volume under 6 on the knob. Handy. Took them back and had them put another set of pots in and still the volume was zero under 6. Went back to the shop to complain again and was told that the problem was with my pickups...

Ordered some CTS pots from RS Guitarworks... fitted them myself and I'm still using the guitar to this day.

Pretty hesitant to have R&B look at my guitars now.

I have a 'probably' unfair theory about the poor guitar work at R&B... at one time they had the serrvices of one the finest repair men on the planet Alastair Watt, a few years ago Alsatair sadly died and I think they started letting the Saturday boy do their guitar work... just a theory.

I'm guessing HateEvent works in R&B and reading through this thread I take my hat off to him for being very impartial and fair. It would be easy to come on here and argue. I'm sure he's kept a pretty close eye on the thread and probably wanted to wade in (as I would if folk were dissing where I worked) but I say fair play, he's let a dissatisfied customer express himself fully. For that, I haven't been put off going to R&B (only been there once mind you, to order a Roland power adaptor which I paid a 5 quid deposit for and never got a call to say it had come in... I just remembered)

Sounds a bit duff seeing as the other guy fixed the problem in minutes so the OP's complaints are entirely valid. Eventhough the mingetickler thing is maybe a bit disrespectful (only because the rest of your posts have been very diplomatic), I hope you get a response and we all can learn from this.

I just wanted to stick up for the guy who works there and doesn't have much to do with the debacle.