aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
britheguy

Headphones

Due to reasons I'll not go in to at present, I have found myself having to practice at home through headphones. At the moment I am using small "bud" type ear plugs which are less than perfect if you ask me.

Anyway, can anyone recommened a pair of headphones which I can use to practice at home. I will be either plugging into my Line 6 Looper, or my HT5 combo. My guitar sound rubbish through the "buds".

I do have a price limit from "cheap to nae quite so cheap" but upper of around 30-40 quid would be it but less would be good. I will have an extension for the headphones so if they come with a 1 mtr cord, then that's not a problem.

cheers

BTG

I've tried various and from now on I'm sticking to Sennheiser.

Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from Skullcandy.

Second.

I have a reliable pair of akgs; like bigsby iv been through a few, these have been good all rounders.

Had a wonderful pair of Sennheisers from Full Tilt; I forget the model but they retail around forty bangers. Only lasted four months before they broke, though. A common phenomenon with Sennheisers tbh. Sound quality is superb, durability ain't.

They look neat! How long is the cord on them? The Sennheiser ones are about 4 metres which is way too much for me.

The good thing about the Senn's is they keep the sound in, so I don't disturb other people with my obnoxiously loud music. How are these for that? Are they quite enclosed?