aberdeen-music

An Idiot Abroad

Soda Jerk

I don't have Sky so will await the DVD.

I'm currently reading the book tie-in however which is ace. So far he has been disappointed that the pyramids don't have smoothly rendered sides, just look like a pile of boulders piled on top of each other and resemble a game of Jenga gone wrong.

Pilkington = greater than either Gervais or Merchant.

I haven't seen that much of Pilkington actually, but I think I do like him now. I can't remember what it was exactly that turned me off him.

Shame it's on Sky1 though, the adverts last 6 or 7 minutes each, and theres 3 breaks. It's on for an hour but there's probably only about 35 minutes of actual programme. Sky1 is shit.

Favourite bit so far was when he was doing the kung fu on the tree, and muttering stuff like "fuck offfff" and "twaaaaat"

To be honest it doesn't matter if you give away anything he says or does, it is always ten times funnier coming out of his mouth. I've listened to the podcasts that came out on CD so much is unreal and I still piss myself.

There is a bit involving a needle, a thin sheet of glass, a balloon and a camera man. It has to be seen to be believed.

Narrowed that down there. I got rid of it because I got fed up of trying to find something to watch and every channel I flicked to had ads either on or came on 2 minutes later.

I'm only really interested in the live football, shite on Comedy Central and The Simpsons these days. Sky annoys me, but I'd probably hate not having it as well.

I haven't seen that much of Pilkington actually, but I think I do like him now. I can't remember what it was exactly that turned me off him.

Shame it's on Sky1 though, the adverts last 6 or 7 minutes each, and theres 3 breaks. It's on for an hour but there's probably only about 35 minutes of actual programme. Sky1 is shit.

Favourite bit so far was when he was doing the kung fu on the tree, and muttering stuff like "fuck offfff" and "twaaaaat"

Based on your general hate towards things I would definitely recommend listening to the podcasts and the xfm shows because it's pretty much all about Pilkington. People are put off because it's Ricky Gervais' name on the thing but everything revolves around Karl's mind. His books are ace too.

He did a show on channel 4 about what it's like to be intelligent and a couple of 3 min wonders on his own . I'll find links coz it's pretty funny.

YouTube - Karl Pilkington 3 minute wonder - Science

I've never understood the love of Karl Pilkinton or seen the appeal of his type of humour.

I'll admit however I've never heard any of the podcasts or radio shows. My opinion is pretty much based on a few TV appearances where he sits next to Ricky Gervais and everyone talks about how much of an idiot he is. Actually now that I think about it I think my opinion is based more on hearing Gervais talk about him than anything I've seen/heard of Pilkinton himself.

It's a shame Ricky has become this person that everyone finds annoying and has written off as having nothing to offer. I always have to give him credit though, he wrote and starred in the best UK comedy ever and that will never be outweighed by any guff that he produces in the future.

I'll give the podcasts a chance. They'll give me something to listen to on the train to work.

• Upvote 1

Ricky Gervais can still be an amusing guy but he does have an arrogant air about him that can be irritating at times.

Karl Pilkington is not about being any sort of comedian in any traditional sense, he is just a guy with a unique outlook on life that is pretty damn amusing. There are probably a million Karl Pilkingtons out there but they do not happen to have come into contact with Ricky Gervais at that point in time where he has become very famous. I dont really see any point in trying to analyse it too much. When I saw they were doing a TV show with him though I did start to fear that there could be a backlash and it could be a step too far. It seems that it is going OK. I look forward to watching it when the DVD comes out.

• 2 weeks later...
Karl Pilkington is not about being any sort of comedian in any traditional sense

He's a Comedian in the same way Derren Brown is a Magician.

It's all about presentation.

There are probably a million Karl Pilkingtons out there

I don't follow.

When I saw they were doing a TV show with him though I did start to fear that there could be a backlash and it could be a step too far

-How would you feel about having your own TV show Karl?

-I don't know... I mean, I just think that having my own career might be a step too far.

-Karl, you're an idiot.

I don't really get what you are picking about

A

I've never understood the love of Karl Pilkinton or seen the appeal of his type of humour.

I'll admit however I've never heard any of the podcasts or radio shows.

B

I haven't seen that much of Pilkington actually, but I think I do like him now.

C

write a proper series Gervais, 'stead of fuckin about with you dumbass mate, do some realistic comic acting or something.

D

When I saw they were doing a TV show with him though I did start to fear that there could be a backlash and it could be a step too far.

Which of these posts does not belong: is it A, B, C or D?

Answer: C. Because although all of these posts are complete dogshit, only post C seems to be aware of the fact.

Answer: C. Because although all of these posts are complete dogshit, only post C seems to be aware of the fact.

Oh well at least you have added to the pile....

EDIT: I'm glad you went back and added special letters, that has made your lack of a point all the better to understand...

A

B

C

D

At the risk of unleashing my inner pedant, there are 5 quotes but only 4 letters, so the odd one out is the one without a letter, I presume my medal is in the post.