aberdeen-music

Ronnie O'Sullivan

-matthEw-

More than a bit unhinged but I met him when I was twelve and he was the nicest guy ever. I didn't have anything for him to sign so he said 'give me ur shoe.' I untied my brand new white kappa trainers and handed them over. They've still got 'Ronnie' on them now as they sit in the attic somewhere. One of the best memories of my childhood. Since then he's been a hero of mine. I think he's brilliant. All the ups and downs, the 147s and the hissy fits make for great viewing and snooker would be boring without him.

That whole asking the ref the prize thing was great. A bit like Babe Ruth pointing to the stands before a pitch.

I find that pretty funny to be honest.

He has his troubles but thank fuck he is there because snooker is running out of characters, full of dull fucks.

Agree with this. He's the only one who makes snooker worth watching these days so its good to see him having fun like the above video rather than him not turning up to tournaments or just not giving a shit.

Every sport needs its utter genius who makes the extremely difficult look like the most effortless thing in the world.

I think he's hilarious, he takes the piss big style in interviews. Great character, deffo a little unhinged but no doubting his snooker credentials. Glad he beat that little weasel Hendry today!

This, love watching him play and never liked Hendry.

And who the fuck decided that Peter Frigging Ebdon's nickname should be The Force? The Force. Peter Ebdon, the Force. Peter Ebdon. Peter Fucking Ebdon. The guy makes Craig Brown look charismatic.

:down:

This, love watching him play and never liked Hendry.

And who the fuck decided that Peter Frigging Ebdon's nickname should be The Force? The Force. Peter Ebdon, the Force. Peter Ebdon. Peter Fucking Ebdon. The guy makes Craig Brown look charismatic.

He seems the kind of lad who wouldn't understand the concept of an ironic nickname though.

"check you peter, you so fucking cool you should be called The Force. *snigger*"

"Really? Thanks guys, nice idea! Rocket Ronnie has nothing on me"

Ebdon is a twat. Not a great fan of Ronnie either, but he can play snooker very well when he feels like it, no doubt about that.

I used to go to the snooker every year at the aecc and one mine and my friends' favourite pass times was to heckle ebdon. First of all we'd shout 'EBBBBBOOOO' then when we got his attention we'd make an o shape with our hands to signify his wife's fanny because we heard he has six kids or something. Our 12 year old juvenile logic being that his wife's fanny would be huge.

We also got on soccer am one year coz we wore 'save chip' tshirts and wandered behind willie Thorne interviewing ken docherty on sky sports.

Aaaah memories.

:laughing:

i like o sullivan, I worked at the AECC many moons ago and I did the Snooker Grand Prix. He and most of the lads up in the players lounge were absolute top blokes (excluding Mark King).

Why all the hate against Ebdon? I've always quite liked him actually.

He seemed to have charisma when he first made a name for himself, getting all emotional and throwing his cue about while wearing unusual waistcoats which is why I think I quite like him. Plus I remember wanting him to beat Stephen Hendry in a final (1996?) because I never liked Hendry so these things kind of stick with you

He seemed to have charisma when he first made a name for himself, getting all emotional and throwing his cue about while wearing unusual waistcoats which is why I think I quite like him.

Ah, that reminds me why I hate him, all that shouting "come on!" shit put me right off him from day one. I still hate Stuart Pearce for doing it at that penalty shoot-out, whenever it was. But it's kinda expected in football, not snooker for Christ's sake.

Plus, Ebdon had a pony-tail. Unforgiveable.

Guest idol_wild
I hope my reference to Peter Ebdon's 1996 chart hit didn't go unnoticed!!! :(

NO. Until I scrolled down to the above post, I was going to quote you and inform you that he claims not to be a clown. :up:

Mark King always comes across as a total prick. Remember the proposed boxing match with Quinten Hann?

jesus

my personal "he's a total prick" favourites were when he went in the huff to the press moaning about giving up because he had "a wife that I never see because of this poxy game" and when a mobile went off during a match he quipped "if that's my missus, tell her I'll be home soon"

I suppose he is one of those guys that brings a bit of colour to the game but he really does play the "village idiot" card a bit too much for my liking (not as much as Ebdon with that ponytail and song I suppose!)