aberdeen-music

TAINT are fucking dead

Soda Jerk

If you were at the Taint / Manatees gig that the two Dave's did last month, it'll be the last time you'll ever see Taint, unless you're planning on going to their last ever gigs down in Wales at the end of the year.

As the three of us prepare to move in to new phases of our lives, we've agreed that carrying Taint with us would cease to work any longer. So, with love and respect for each other as long-time brothers in this band, we're bowing out. We are proud to walk away, knowing that without compromise Taint has stood as the best and most unique band that the three of us could make it be.

We'd like to thank our ex-members Darren Mason and Stophe Thomas, all of our fans for their support, and all our friends old and new who've helped us along the way. We know who you are, and we love you.

To sign off, we're playing our last two shows in South Wales this autumn/winter:

Oct. 3rd

Taint curates Oxjam in Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff. Joined by a stellar lineup of Wales' finest bands: Shaped By Fate, The Death Of Her Money, Sigiriya and Zonderhoof.

This is a charity event for Oxfam International.

Dec. 18th

Taint plus Sigiriya, The Groundnuts And Independents and 33. At Sin City, Swansea.

We'll have a new batch of 'Heart Roots' t-shirts for sale at these shows, and for any future mail order inquiries. We'll continue checking in on our Myspace to add any future Taint related news and activities.

For now however, eternal love and gratitude.

Al, Chris and Jimbob.

Taint, 1994 - 2010.

Taint on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Great band, though they've been around forever, and their latest EP is a fine way to bow out. The Taint/Manatees show was the best gig I've been to since moving here.

Really glad that I got to see them before they split. I went to see Clutch in Glasgow a few years ago and they were one of the support acts, but we arrived too late and missed them. Boo hiss. A very enjoyable band, and one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Still haven't picked the last recording up yet, but I'll get round to it.

Really glad that I got to see them before they split. I went to see Clutch in Glasgow a few years ago and they were one of the support acts, but we arrived too late and missed them. Boo hiss. A very enjoyable band, and one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Still haven't picked the last recording up yet, but I'll get round to it.

I bought the 12". I have the download code for it, if you want it?