aberdeen-music

your first ever show?

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest Salty

um im not too sure what my first show was but i remember the first time i went to see some local bands. it was at drakes, 10EW, the excerts and flight 19. erm not in that order what hey i dont remember it was like a year ago. late starter on the local band scene.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Localish gig was an Edinburgh band called Guaranteed Pure at Smart Alex's in 92/93ish, the lead singer went on to front Stiltskin and Genesis, and is still one of the best vocalists i've ever heard.

First proper gig, Brian May at the Edinburgh Playhouse June 05 1993... Phenomenal to see such a legend, with the amazing Cozy Powell on drums !!

Cheers

Stuart

Guest allsystemsfail
My first ever gig was Inextremis' date=' their last ever gig. It was in Stonehaven in about 1994 I think. I went with Rimmon.

Its a shame stonehaven town hall doesn't host another night of death metal...[/quote']

Hey Inextremis. I co-arranged a couple of shows in 1992 for which they played support, supporting first Oi Polloi, then Active Minds and Disaffect. Saw them support Paradise Lost too. Oh, and Korpse.

Hey Inextremis. I co-arranged a couple of shows in 1992 for which they played support' date=' supporting first Oi Polloi, then Active Minds and Disaffect. Saw them support Paradise Lost too. Oh, and Korpse.[/quote']

I never saw Korpse, wish I had cause 'revirgin' and 'pull the flood' are amazing.

Guest allsystemsfail
I never saw Korpse' date=' wish I had cause 'revirgin' and 'pull the flood' are amazing.[/quote']

They weren't really my kind of thing. Saw them at The Palace (it may not have been called that back then, can't really remember) in I think 1994.

I think the it must be 'free 2000' at the beach with Louise and Mickey the boyzone reject' date=' first local show was two and a half years ago, it was quik and I cant remember who headlined?[/quote']

Risactonia / Black Atom

Or maybe Dustbyte....

I reckon it was Dustbyte.

Call it a hunch.

• 2 weeks later...

First show ever? Like...first time seeing any kind of band ever, like at a wedding or drakes? Or like, first real professional big time band?

If the former, I dunno some crappy wedding band that played too loud and were crap. They hurt my poor 5 year old ears. I think the guitarist had a les paul.

If the latter, it was either Idlewild at the music hall last year (which was a pretty amateur show tbh) or Dream Theater at Manchester this year which was fucking awesome.