aberdeen-music

Disgraceful! I hope he walks and shows them he is not a slave

Gypsum_Fantastic

Massive bell-end, cannot believe people find him funny. He's just an obnoxious wanker, with very little to contribute to anything and he's always trying to "out-funny" (if you will) his guests which is embarrassing. Terrible wanker.

This isn't the way to deal with this sort of stuff either; a testament to his undeserved arrogance.

Guest idol_wild

I posted this status update on Facebook less than two hours ago:

"just walked past a Chris Moyles look-a-like, yet resisted the temptation to extend arm and clothes-line the cretin. Because, y'know, it wasn't actually him."

Wish I did clothes-line the bellend now. Even if it was just a look-a-like.

what an absolute tosser, aww does it hurt missing out on 2 months of your 650k a year pay? to do such a rant on air is completely unprofessional yet he gets away with it cos he's Chris Moyles. He'll be fucked when Radio 1 finally get rid of him as doubt any other BBC radio will take him and he pissed off everyone in the commercial sector with his crazy antics. He used to be really good but his ego has spiralled out of control.

I don't even know why him and his team have the gig. they're all in their 30's and talk about stuff that people in their 30's would talk about but it is supposed to be a show aimed at the younger end of the market. Wanker.

what an absolute tosser, aww does it hurt missing out on 2 months of your 650k a year pay? to do such a rant on air is completely unprofessional yet he gets away with it cos he's Chris Moyles. He'll be fucked when Radio 1 finally get rid of him as doubt any other BBC radio will take him and he pissed off everyone in the commercial sector with his crazy antics. He used to be really good but his ego has spiralled out of control.

I don't even know why him and his team have the gig. they're all in their 30's and talk about stuff that people in their 30's would talk about but it is supposed to be a show aimed at the younger end of the market. Wanker.

He gets 650k a year? I'd quite happily do his job for 1/20th the price.

Hey BBC, hear that? I can talk shit and play records for a few hours, no bother.

I'll agree that it certainly wasn't the right way for him to go about airing his views on the subject but are you seriously telling me that you think it's ok for someone to not be paid for 2 months? I don't give a shit how much he earns but that statement is fucking ridiculous.

"it is supposed to be a show aimed at the younger end of the market. Wanker".

Really? Not sure I can agree with your statement there. So what is are we supposed to do when we reach 30....start listening to Radio 2 or such like? Does it mean that if you are under 30 it's ok to listen to Radio 1?

I really don't think Radio 1 is aimed that the younger folks, certainly not on the Chris Moyles show anyway. Maybe some of the programs are, but not the CM show. How do you come to that conclusion?:popcorn:

I'll agree that it certainly wasn't the right way for him to go about airing his views on the subject but are you seriously telling me that you think it's ok for someone to not be paid for 2 months? I don't give a shit how much he earns but that statement is fucking ridiculous.

I didn't mean to suggest i think its right he's been without pay and i absolutely agree that its ridiculous anyone goes without pay no matter how much they earn. After all the BBC choose to pay him that wage. But yes my point is ranting about it on air is unprofessional. Might just be some sneaky publicity stunt by the beeb in any case!

Really? Not sure I can agree with your statement there. So what is are we supposed to do when we reach 30....start listening to Radio 2 or such like? Does it mean that if you are under 30 it's ok to listen to Radio 1?

I really don't think Radio 1 is aimed that the younger folks, certainly not on the Chris Moyles show anyway. Maybe some of the programs are, but not the CM show. How do you come to that conclusion?:popcorn:

Radio 1 is supposed to target 16-25 year olds. That doesn't mean the minute you turn 26 you have to switch off and i know my sister listens to Moyles and she's 45 next week! thing is all radio stations have a target audience and that's Radio 1's. But a lot of older folk listen to Moyles. last time I tuned in he was still talking about going to the pub as he did when he first his radio 1 back in the late 90's! Think the reason a lot of older folk listen to moyles and helps keeps his figures high is why he keeps the gig.

He has a right to complain if he didnt have two months wages. He earns his money because thats what the market demands, hes paid that because he pulls in a lot of listeners. Wrong forum for it though, totally the wrong way to do it, but I can understand why he'd be pissed off. Not on, not being paid for 2 months.

Also, I like his show. Especially "Carpark catchphrase".

He himself seems a right cunt though.

Chris Moyles baffles me. Not only have I never encountered anyone who likes him but also most people seem to actively dislike him. However he somehow is apparently one of the most popular presenters around. Where are all these Moyles fans??

Agree that he does have a right to be a bit unhappy, but his way of dealing with it just shows how much of a total cock he is. He's got to respect the fact that his listeners (the reason he has a job) most likely get paid a fraction of what he does.

Hopefully a shitty paper will get really wound up by this and start a huge campaign against him that will lead to his removal.

the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced its a publicity stunt. If he did that kind of rant off his own back, he would almost certainly be sacked on the spot. It would be an internal affair and not one for broadcasting to his listeners. Why have the BBC kept it on the I Player for all to listen to? Surely they would remove someone slagging their employer off?

The BBC are very clever with their marketing. I never for a second thought 6 Music was under threat and by claiming it might close they put the station into the spotlight and listenership soared.

Radio 1 is supposed to target 16-25 year olds. That doesn't mean the minute you turn 26 you have to switch off and i know my sister listens to Moyles and she's 45 next week! thing is all radio stations have a target audience and that's Radio 1's. But a lot of older folk listen to Moyles. last time I tuned in he was still talking about going to the pub as he did when he first his radio 1 back in the late 90's! Think the reason a lot of older folk listen to moyles and helps keeps his figures high is why he keeps the gig.

I've changed my mind. I think you are totally right in what you wrote, in fact I watch out for all your posts and read them intently.

Now that that's over with....got any pix of your sister and maybe a mobile number or something....pm them of course:)