aberdeen-music

Cinema denied alcohol license

Bigsby

I for one am glad that it was rejected. There's nothing worse than booze fuelled kids and students being pricks during a film at the cinema. I take great pleasure in informing to STFU in my best 'teacher voice' should they act up.

I've had to stop going to te cinema at the weekend, in order to enjoy a film without these inconsiderate twats ruining it.

If only there was a law whereby alcohol could only be served to those who are of a certain age or higher, thus disallowing those not responsible enough to consume it from having it. What a world we could live in.

Sober kids being loud and acting up is enough. We don't need them to have a drink in them as well. What's wrong with a bucket of fizz and some sweets?

That's an issue for the cinema to sort out though, why should law abiding citizens such as myself be penalised because some idiots can't hold their drink?

But if loud shitbags are playing up, and being a cunt, it's also an issue for paying customers to suffer through, especially when it's costing so much to be there.

Not that it matters a great deal. The people who are most likely to be shitbags from being drunk in the cinema are more than likely sneaking it in anyway.

This is bollocks, why can't I have a beer while I'm watching a film?

Yes you can, wait for the dvd to come out and you can watch the film in peace with as much beer as you want. No other cunts spoiling it by coughing, texting, laughing too loud and too long at the "funny" bits, being "ironic" to their fuckwit friends who secretly hate them, snuffling through their oildrum of popcorn or any other irritating human noise to detract from the film itself.

You can smoke too. Fuck the cinema, it's got people in it. People ruin everything.

"Ironic" :popcorn:

• Upvote 2

Yes you can, wait for the dvd to come out and you can watch the film in peace with as much beer as you want. No other cunts spoiling it by coughing, texting, laughing too loud and too long at the "funny" bits, being "ironic" to their fuckwit friends who secretly hate them, snuffling through their oildrum of popcorn or any other irritating human noise to detract from the film itself.

You can smoke too. Fuck the cinema, it's got people in it. People ruin everything.

"Ironic" :popcorn:

Yas min. People fucking suck.

Everything's better while getting drunk. I went to Steve Earle last week and had seats right next to the bar, was much better than the times I've seen him while sober.

But if loud shitbags are playing up, and being a cunt, it's also an issue for paying customers to suffer through, especially when it's costing so much to be there.

Again, people being dicks shouldn't be a reason for me not to enjoy a beer responsibly. If people are being dicks the cinema should throw them out.

I had beers before going to see 'Hannibal' at the one down the beach years back, just ended up needing to go piss during the film which I hate. I don't really see the need to sell beer in a cinema to be honest, I can wait 2 hours. But then I don't tend to go to the cinema much for most of the reasons quoted here. Would much rather watch in the comfort of my home on DVD. Perhaps the overall visual effect is lessened but at least I don't have to pay 8 quid to have my viewing spoiled by the various reasons quoted here.

I had beers before going to see 'Hannibal' at the one down the beach years back, just ended up needing to go piss during the film which I hate. I don't really see the need to sell beer in a cinema to be honest, I can wait 2 hours. But then I don't tend to go to the cinema much for most of the reasons quoted here. Would much rather watch in the comfort of my home on DVD. Perhaps the overall visual effect is lessened but at least I don't have to pay 8 quid to have my viewing spoiled by the various reasons quoted here.

Yes, I rarely go to the cinema, only really if it's an "event" film like Avatar, although I quite often take Bigsby Jr on a Sunday morning when they show kids films for 95p. But I don't see why I shouldn't be able to take a beer in with me if I want to.

Aha, yes, not at those films, obviously. :)

But Friday night, what's the problem? Same as all this minimum pricing stuff, a few people are dicks so stop everyone, rather than targeting the dicks. :down:

Yeah Im with you on that, more adequate policing and punishment for drink related offences used to be far more effective as I recall. But lets make more money out of drink, thatll sort it out.

Fast forward a couple of years oh, that didnt work but we made more money so alls good :up:

Because drinking beer in a cinema on a Sunday morning with your wee yin in tow seems a bit wrong? :up:

Spot on...the wee sods never get a round in.

Personally I await the advent of 'Golden Years' nights, for over-50s, when you can relax and watch a film with a generation who have the manners/concentration span not to spoil the film for everyone else. Sort of like Saturday morning pictures, but for oldies....the ABC majors?

What was the name of that musical genre that I usually blame again....emo/black metal or somesuch? (think it was to do with Norwegians offing each other with shotguns 'cos they were wearing the wrong specs, or 'dressing' their fringe to the wrong side).

Spot on...the wee sods never get a round in.

Personally I await the advent of 'Golden Years' nights, for over-50s, when you can relax and watch a film with a generation who have the manners/concentration span not to spoil the film for everyone else. Sort of like Saturday morning pictures, but for oldies....the ABC majors?

What was the name of that musical genre that I usually blame again....emo/black metal or somesuch? (think it was to do with Norwegians offing each other with shotguns 'cos they were wearing the wrong specs, or 'dressing' their fringe to the wrong side).

Crabcore?

I think they do actually do screenings on a Saturday night where no one under 18 is allowed in or something?