aberdeen-music

Kilau Christmas CD time again!!!!!!

Alan Cynic

Putting some out to Kilau Old Aberdeen is a very good idea...when does the UNi hols start?

Uni closes on the 17th December, so you'd have to be pretty sharpish. but if you give me a shout once they're there, I can get in touch with the Student radio DJs and ask them to mention it on air. Plus, any unsold ones can simply be taken back up to LBS.

The online thing would be fine...but, as Beetlejuice points out, the whole operation is lo-fi....and that's because I'm a bit thick about downloading etc

Were all the tracks sent to you in mp3 format, or higher quality? If higher quality, I'd be quite happy to go over the ins and outs of using Bandcamp/similar :)

Bigsby is right there actually, it could still work. Although Bandcamp pride themselves in offering different quality levels so that "audiophiles" can get their fix - someone might complain if they download the WAV format and it sounds like an mp3 ;)

But if you do decide to do it Alan, it's pretty simple

I hear next year's Kilau album is going to be available on 8-track.

I, for one, can't wait!

I usually end up getting one for my mum as well as she likes that sort of thing. I like how it's limited runs as well. I honestly think it would be worthwhile doing it regularly outside of the festivities as it would be a nice way of getting a few bands some extra exposure. As long as it covers costs and bands don't expect any money for it.