aberdeen-music

The Holiday Plan + AnBerlin (Tooth & Nail) + McQueen

Ross

The Holiday Plan + AnBerlin (Tooth & Nail) + McQueen - 1st October

Friday 1st October 2004

www.anberlin.com

They sound like Boy Sets Fire.... You can stream their tracks on Pure Volume. Actually a lot better than I thought. Am working on Boy Sets Fire for late 2004 / 2005.... Will let y`all know.

Moshulu

Windmill Brae, Aberdeen

Doors 7pm

There will be 1 local support.

So anyone want to go below McQueen!

McQueen look like this:

big_mcqueen_1.jpg

big_mcqueen_2.jpg

big_mcqueen_3.jpg

Tickets on sale on Monday.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McQueen are a fresh sounding' date=' no messing Brighton based all female rock act who formed late in 2003 as an antidote to the bland, attitude free world of manufactured crap girl-pop.

With influences ranging from out and out metal (Rammstien, Pantera) to the more leftfield (Smashing Pumpkins, Pavement) and the classic (Led Zep, Elvis), McQueen rock on a level that belies their age and gender and has already earned them the tag of "The female Foo Fighters"!.

McQueen are all talented musicians, with bags of experience in the live and studio arena.

Vocalist Leah whose gravel infused tones soar above McQueens heavy riffing has nt looked back since exiting her last band Light Beyond Sight. Relocating to Brighton Leah set about speedily recruiting members for a new band while also enjoying a brief writing session with legendary singer/songwriter Marcella Detroit of Shakesperes Sister fame. At this time Leah was also recruited to do a brief cameo in actor Patrick Bergins (Sleeping with the Enemy /Patriot Games) video for his Irish hit record the Knacker, a song about boiling horses and turning them into glue.

At the tender age of 20 Hayley Cramer (daughter of Bass Player Peter Cramer from hit 70's band Autumn),is already probably one of the best female drummers in the country. While also teaching drums from an early age Hayley had already bashed her way through gigs at the Albert Hall, Brighton Centre and various TV appearances including Parkinson. She even caught the eye of U2 producer Steve Lilywhite who tried recruiting Hayley for one of his projects before hooking up with McQueen. Recent months have seen Hayley shattering cymbals on a regular basis as she finally has found a band that showcases her raw talent the way it should be seen.

Guitarist Cat De Casanovre, and bassist Hattie met and became friends while at college in Brighton. Cat is a riff monster with an Elvis fixation and a penchant for Djing funky house tunes in her hometown.

Londoner Hattie, who's a classically trained vocalist and clarinetist is relatively new to the bass, not that you'd notice! (She did receive extra tuitional guidance from Brighton based Electric Soft Parade's bass man). Her groovy bass rumble and onstage swagger bonds the McQueen sound together like musical superglue!

In recent weeks McQueen have been seen travelling and tearing up the Country doing gigs with LA rock heroine Roxy Saint supporting her on her recent tour and joining Nottingham indie pop rockers Headway on a number of recent dates. The band will also be joining Ari Up"s seminal female punk band "The Slits" on her London show at the Garage on 17th July.

In a World short of rock heriones, especially from the UK, Mcqueen look set to impress and lead the charge as they can kick arse with the best of them..

Watch this Space...............!!!!![/quote']

Agree Ross?

Me Ross and Al have decided that on that friday we will be putting on the bands' date=' giving them loads and loads of booze at Bond*age and then holding the first Moshulu Sleepover.

;)[/quote']

Seen as my missus reads this i`d like to add that I have nothing to do with this plan and thought that McQueen was actually a Steve McQueen lookalike act singing the hits of the Police Academy soundtrack.

Imagine my surprise when Rob and Alan pointed out what the band actually look like!

Seen as my missus reads this i`d like to add that I have nothing to do with this plan and thought that McQueen was actually a Steve McQueen lookalike act singing the hits of the Police Academy soundtrack.

Imagine my surprise when Rob and Alan pointed out what the band actually look like!

Yes thats exactly what happened.

What most certainly did not happen is that You told me you had McQueen confirmed, I asked what they sounded like and you Absolutely did not say

"who cares have you fucking seen them"

Guest highroller
Yes thats exactly what happened.

What most certainly did not happen is that You told me you had McQueen confirmed' date=' I asked what they sounded like and you Absolutely did not say

"who cares have you fucking seen them"[/quote']

rachael...i will sort out this tomfoolery...

men of this age and professional stature should know better...

the only solution is to put them at 228 king st quik/weapon hq

And you absolutely were not gently rubbing yourself at the time.

Christ I hope they don't see this when they have a look for the venues they are playing on their tour online

No I was doing rubbings OF myself.....

Sheesh didn`t you go to art school

Guest highroller
And you absolutely were not gently rubbing yourself at the time.

Christ I hope they don't see this when they have a look for the venues they are playing on their tour online

probably very used to it.

Please note that Jamesy himself talked his way out of the Holiday Plan Support.

Rumour has it he`s gunning for a gig on 16th October but I cannot confirm this.

Rumour also have it that Jamesy has run away to a very small room upon the news that two bands are to tour together in December.

Rumour also has it that Ben "Bigmouth" Timson and the rest of MMW are incredible interested in this post and are about to phone Jamesy regarding this very post.

Guest highroller

rumour has it that jamesy wants that october 16th event more than this id imagine...

also i know about those two bands in December and i will only say this...if that comes off...that will be amazing...ross will get an MBE...and whtever else he wants in fact!

Jokes and quips aside... I do actually need a support band....

I generally will not book a local support if they are playing around the date of a gig. 2/3 weeks gap is prefered.

Anyways. I have certain bands in mind for a few other gigs.

October should be an interesting month.

rumour has it that jamesy wants that october 16th event more than this id imagine...

also i know about those two bands in December and i will only say this...if that comes off...that will be amazing...ross will get an MBE...and whtever else he wants in fact!

Must be orgasmic.

Will I wet myself?