aberdeen-music

Joaquin Phoenix - I'm still here

ca_gere

What does everyone make of this? I personally think it's a stroke of genius. In an age when it seems like everything has been done, this takes acting/film making to a whole new place. I mean, I didn't think to question the fact he had gone mental and wanted to be a rapper, never mind consider if it was all a part of a project. That Letterman interview seemed pretty real to me at the time. Of course it will now be easy to look back and pick apart all the bits that were too mental and scream 'FAKE!' but however they went about it, it's a total achievement.

Aye so, hats off to all involved, can't wait to see it.

in case people don't know what i'm on about: Casey Affleck: the truth about my Joaquin Phoenix 'hoax' - Telegraph

Once I heard that Casey Affleck just happened to be following him around with a camera in his hand it became pretty obvious the film was... well... a film. I don't think it should be called fake or a hoax, it's just a film done in a very specific style.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Amazing concept, for sure. Can't wait to see it. The most unbelieveable aspect of this whole furore is that someone in the Affleck family has an ounce of talent.

whoaaa now big man. Good Will Hunting and Gone Baby Gone, there is talent there for sure, Ben is best behind the camera though, lets hope he stays there.

Once I heard that Casey Affleck just happened to be following him around with a camera in his hand it became pretty obvious the film was... well... a film. I don't think it should be called fake or a hoax, it's just a film done in a very specific style.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Exactly. it shouldn't be viewed in terms of whether it's real or not. It's just an interesting project.

whoaaa now big man. Good Will Hunting and Gone Baby Gone, there is talent there for sure, Ben is best behind the camera though, lets hope he stays there.

Agreed, plus Ben's turns in Chasing Amy, Dogma and Mallrats. Casey Affleck is brilliant in the Killer Inside Me as well.

Gone Baby Gone is an amazingly well directed and acted film. One of my favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to see this last night. Absolutely outstanding. As annoyed as I was that they gave the hoax up before people started seeing the film, knowing it's fake makes the acting performance all the more poignant. Overall, the main thing is that it's a genuinely funny film. There are some great lines delivered with pitch perfect comedy timing. I'd love to know how much p diddy knew or how he reacted when he was informed that it wasn't for real coz he is one of the best things about the film. I've not been this excited about a film for ages, it's brilliant.