aberdeen-music

How often do you practice?

Oedo 808

I'd say I probably do a half hour every day just rammying through a few songs to try to keep my voice and playing in check. Practising guitar riffs and stuff is extra time on top of that if I do it - but I haven't always bothered so much.

How often do you play your instrument? Your musical instrument that is. ;)

I really wish I was more disciplined, but I'm not. That and work commitments mean I often dont have the time.

I often go through periods of really intense playing, like, 4-5 hours a day for a month

then barely go near it (guitar) for another couple of months.

All of the above is probably why I'm shit.

Not often enough.

I go through phases of playing a lot, at the moment I've been concentrating less on music and more on other hobbies so have hardly been touching the guitar. When I am going through a phase of concentrating on music though I usually spend an hour or two at a time playing through songs and writing new riffs and progressions. I'd probably do that 3 or 4 times a week. Just now though I'm only doing it once or twice a fortnight.

I practice every day - but am not disciplined in my regime - if I don't have a gig coming up or am learning songs for the band.

Sometimes I'll just hear a riff or phrase that I like and try and learn it.

Overall? about an hour a day usually or 3-4 hours when learning/practicing for a forthcoming gig

I'm still shit though :down:

I don't need to practice. I'm fucking great.

I don't play at home as much as I should. My practice amp sounds pish, and hearing the sound of the strings vibrate in addition to the sound of the amp puts me off.

I used to practice vocals alot before I lived in a flat, with neighbours sharing every wall, back when I was in my old band in Leeds. I used to shout into a pillow. No idea who I'd explain that if someone walked in on me.

I can't really practise at the flat but I'll use pads or pillows to keep the momentum and tightness/looseness or whatever.

I never practise rudiments,djembe 12/15th's or jazzing it up with a blues bollocks combo or anything like that but I do practise and improve my power and what I already know. Sometimes I'll come across a new technique or style of fill by accident and then I'll add it to caz's box 'o' tricks then overuse it as much as possible and move on.

Along with Aaron I usually only pick up my guitar to write riffs or practise playing other peoples riffs. Mainly Slayer / Autopsy / Discharge & Repulsion becase they have the best riffs :D