aberdeen-music

45 A-Side Records New Release: The Glad Cafe Album

Sam 45

Well it's been two and a half years but here we go. A new 45 A-Side release titled 'The Glad Cafe Album' (cat no. FFAR002). The record is a compilation again with 13 bands from around the Central Scotland area, mostly Glasgow. 200 copies, hand-made digipaks, hand numbered in a nice shrink wrap. They look stunning, started making them up yesterday.

The album is a fundraiser for 'The Glad Cafe' which, when open in 2011, will be a new cafe/200 capacity arts centre in the south part of Glasgow, Pollokshields to be precise. All profits from the record will be going towards them. Bands on the album are as follows:

Barn Owl

Song of Return (ex-Union of Knives)

Olympic Swimmers

Conquering Animal Sound

Field Mouse

Dam Mantle

The Japanese War Effort

Fox Gut Daata

Yahweh

Debutant

Admiral Fallow

The Seventeenth Century

The Moth And The Mirror

I know this record is fairly Glasgow based but i thought some people on here might be interested in it. The record is currently available on pre-order for 6 pounds from our 45 A-Side Records BANDCAMP page. Pre-orders will be shipped out the week before the release date which is Monday October the 4th.

In accordance to the album there will be a launch night on the 30th of September at Stereo in Glasgow:

59191_150871648267438_141324459222157_316035_4715257_n.jpg

You can follow the project on 45 A-Side Records | Facebook where you can see the artwork and get updates ect.

If folk from here are interested i'll get some copies into One Up.

Couple of new features. Firstly the radar blog at the Scotsman have done a really nice preview of the launch night:

Gig watch: Glad Cafe fundraiser launch show

Secondly, Vic Galloway played the Yahweh tune from the record on Radio Scotland last night and gave some chat about the record. If you skip to one hour and 13 minutes you can hear it here:

BBC iPlayer - Vic Galloway: 27/09/2010

He did some dates with Isobell Campbell a couple of weeks back and has been milling around the UK since. Has done 3 shows down south i think and is playing Edinburgh tonight.

If you book them, they will come.

Would love to have seen him if I could have gotten to it! Have fun!