aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Steven Milne

Gig Listings - not appearing..

hey guys,

Ive posted two events and neither have shown up.

Anything you guys can do to speed things up?

One was last night at around teatime and one, admittedly, was only this morning but thought id chase as one is a bigger show for the Lemon Tree that goes on general announcement today.

Fair enough re todays one but thought last nights would be up by now.

Cheers guys

x

Right, that's everything now up that's been submitted. Sorry I know it can be a little frustrating, but it's not just a case of clicking "approve", we have to actually check every new thread in there and make sure they aren't duplicates of gig threads which have already been posted in that forum (which happens a lot) and it takes a wee bit of time. We also have to check all the news and announcements are actually newsworthy and not just someone posting in the wrong forum. No harm in giving us the hurry-up if it's urgent though.

Lucky

Right, that's everything now up that's been submitted. Sorry I know it can be a little frustrating, but it's not just a case of clicking "approve", we have to actually check every new thread in there and make sure they aren't duplicates of gig threads which have already been posted in that forum (which happens a lot) and it takes a wee bit of time. We also have to check all the news and announcements are actually newsworthy and not just someone posting in the wrong forum. No harm in giving us the hurry-up if it's urgent though.

Lucky

why not recruit more mods to help out?

You'll often find that there's a critical mass of submissions after which it's by easier for staff to tidy the spam and inappropriate items that get through rather than pre-moderate EVERYTHING! (Especially if membership helps flag spam/dupes/etc.)

Maybe aberdeen-music has reached that point?

I agree with Woolies. Dave from The Hijacks (daveladocus on here) told me he'd posted his gig twice in the last week and it still hasnt come up. Everytime I post a listing it takes days and when it appears it's near the bottom of the page. I don't blame the moderators, I just think its a good system having to approve every listing first...surely there isnt that much rubbish right? No more than can be on other forums anyway

Lucky

Sorry I never read this post first

There's nothing sitting waiting to be approved, everything that has been submitted is on the site.

I agree with Woolies. Dave from The Hijacks (daveladocus on here) told me he'd posted his gig twice in the last week and it still hasnt come up. Everytime I post a listing it takes days and when it appears it's near the bottom of the page. I don't blame the moderators, I just think its a good system having to approve every listing first...surely there isnt that much rubbish right? No more than can be on other forums anyway

You mean this thread?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/62488-palestinian-solidarity-gig-featuring-gong-fei-simon-gall-more-sept-23rd-tunnel-2-a.html

It's been on the site for days. The thing is, the threads are listed by when they are posted, not by when they are approved. So if a thread is submitted on Wednesday morning and not approved until Thursday, it will appear in amongst the posts for Wednesday morning and thus is often half way down the page.

Guest Gladstone
There's nothing sitting waiting to be approved, everything that has been submitted is on the site.

You mean this thread?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/62488-palestinian-solidarity-gig-featuring-gong-fei-simon-gall-more-sept-23rd-tunnel-2-a.html

It's been on the site for days. The thing is, the threads are listed by when they are posted, not by when they are approved. So if a thread is submitted on Wednesday morning and not approved until Thursday, it will appear in amongst the posts for Wednesday morning and thus is often half way down the page.

I don't really give a shit, but how difficult would it be for you guys to approve a thread and just bump each one as it gets approved, so that it appears right at the top as soon as it's approved, rather than way down sometimes going unnoticed?

The whole gig listings thing is a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest...

Submitting it into the gigs forum, waiting for it to be approved, then finding it amongst everything else when it is approved, then submitting it again into the calendar section, and waiting for it to be approvedzzzz.

How's this coming along chaps?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/web-site-announcements/58915-new-event-calendar-system-your-assistance-required.html

:popcorn:

There's some fair criticism here tbh, but I don't think it's always quite as long a wait as it may have been this week. For whatever reason, it seems we've not been quite as active as usual. Personally, real life just got in the way a bit this week so I haven't been able to spend as long as usual working on stuff here. And if it just so happens that this is the same for either Lucky or Dave as well, then we can unfortunately get a bit of a backlog. I wish the whole system was better as well, it's a pain in the arse but it's the best we've got just now. Not sure what stage Neil is at with the new system, but I do know he's had a fair bit of real life getting in the way himself lately. All I can say is we'll try and jump on the gig listings as soon as we can. I don't think the email notification thing is really possible, and the idea of mods bumping each thread after approval is a bit tricky too. It would mean quite a bit of extra work and is only likely to slow the whole process down. Best idea is to keep looking for your thread (maybe subscribe to it so you can bring up a list) and when you see it approved, stick a bump in.

And as Lucky said, if it is an urgent one, there's certainly no problem with firing us a message to let us know.

3/10 must try harder

Pretty much what Frosty said, I've also been mega busy this week and haven't had as much time as usual to pop online. Incidentally FJ, I'm off to summier climes for a fortnight as of Saturday morning, so you and Dave are a happy twosome for the next two weeks.

Now done. Apologies for the delay, some of us have had problems getting into the Aberdeen-Music office, with all this weather. Colin from accounts is having a total mare with his so-called 4x4, and Madge the tea lady hasn't even bothered trying to clear her drive, (she could have walked as well, the fucking lazy boot. I'm getting Karen from HR on the case with her) so we've been stuck with cold lemon tea from yesterday's team-building meeting and we haven't even seen as much as a rich tea all fucking day.

Not good enough. Seriously. I mean, who doesn't have an emergency biscuit supply?

:up:

That's a sore point. Karen is handling the internal investigation as we speak, but suffice to say Geraldine the cleaner will be scanning the P&J vacancies on Friday.

Guest idol_wild
I fired Karen for eating with her mouth open during her lunch break when I was trying to do the crossword. Fucking whore.

How else is she meant to eat a cock? Amirite?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this