Steven Milne

APA are proud to present...

SATURDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2010

THE LEMON TREE

THE GO! TEAM!

7.00pm

TICKETS ON SALE 17TH SEPTEMBER AT 9am FROM:

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : The Go! Team

The Go! Team are an English, Brighton-based sextet. With founder Ian Parton, they have pushed the boundaries of indie rock and garage rock in a unique style, incorporating two drum kits and an imitative mixture of 1970s car chase themes, double dutch chants, old hip hop and loud guitars similar to the style of Sonic Youth. Their songs are a mix of live instrumentation and samples from various sources. The band's recorded material is seen as somewhat a separate entity to their live performances. While live vocals are handled mostly by Ninja, with Tsuchida and Fukami-Taylor also singing some solos, vocals on record are a mixture of random sampled voices, MCs sampled from old school hip hop, guest singers/rappers and actual band members.

They will play the Lemon Tree as part of the promotional tour to promote their third album which is scheduled for an early 2011 release. The tour was also announced in the NME today: The Go! Team announce UK tour and ticket details | News | NME.COM

Aberdeen - Find Theatre tickets, dates and venues schedules

The Go Team

Steven, do you think you can do something about the shit view at the Lemon Tree? See that stupid black curtain on the side of the stage, if you're standing at the bar or anywhere other than bang in the centre of the hall, you can only see like the first metre of the stage and everything behind it is blocked off. Does that really have to be there?

Steven, do you think you can do something about the shit view at the Lemon Tree? See that stupid black curtain on the side of the stage, if you're standing at the bar or anywhere other than bang in the centre of the hall, you can only see like the first metre of the stage and everything behind it is blocked off. Does that really have to be there?

It's there because there's a tech at the side of the stage doing a monitor mix for most gigs, saves them from being disturbed. It's also there because swapover gear is stored there along with other mysterious things the public shouldnt see.....

It's there because there's a tech at the side of the stage doing a monitor mix for most gigs, saves them from being disturbed. It's also there because swapover gear is stored there along with other mysterious things the public shouldnt see.....

Exactly true im afraid Lucky, it is needed.

Nice one Daryl - what i was going to say.

Maybe on shows where there is no monitor engineer i could suggest it come down but as well as Daryls points it usually also stops the stage being as reachable for any nutters trying to get on!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

seen em like 5 times for some reason. i do like them a lot but i'm not an obsessive fan or anything. think i'll head back to this one. was supposed to phone them last time they were up for guest list passes since we DJed with them at tunnels a while back, lol