aberdeen-music

This is England '86

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Just heard about this new series, starting tonight on C4.

Thought the movie was pretty fucking good, so I'll be tuning in to see if it's any use.

Been years since I watched something religiously every week on the telly - hopefully this will be as good as the movie.

This Is England

I got confused when the adverts started for this because for some reason I had always assumed that Milky died in the film.

It was a pretty good reason, seeing as he got battered to the point he stopped moving or breathing in the last film, I thought the same.

Will be watching this inite.

It was a pretty good reason, seeing as he got battered to the point he stopped moving or breathing in the last film, I thought the same.

Will be watching this inite.

That maybe so but near the end of the film, Shaun's mum comes into his room and tells him that Milky is going to be alright. Presumably he is in hospital at this point.

That guy in the sky blue trackie on the bike, the new Gripper Stebson I tells ya, pretty funny for a nasty cunt.

I thought it was decent, where it goes we'll see, at least this is the remembered 80s, rather than fake nostalgia. Excellent and evocative mise-en-scene as well, dude in the Cramps shirt, etc, just like hanging about 1Up in Rosemount Viaduct that year.