aberdeen-music

Good reads on Wikipedia

Adam Easy Wishes

Truly bizarre but funny as fuck. Trolling before trolling was invented. There's a video of it on
as well.

Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The person in the Max Headroom mask appeared, as before, this time saying, "That does it. He's a freakin' nerd," before laughing and jeering, "Yeah, I think I'm better than Chuck Swirsky. Freakin' liberal."[3]

The unidentified man continued to utter random phrases, including New Coke's advertising slogan "Catch the Wave" while holding a Pepsi can (Max Headroom was a Coca-Cola spokesperson at the time), then tossing the can down, and making an obscene gesture with a rubber extension over his middle finger (the gesture was cut off at the bottom of the screen due to the close-up of the camera) then retrieving the Pepsi can, and saying "Your love is fading," before removing the rubber extension, then began humming the theme song to Clutch Cargo, and stating that he had "made a giant masterpiece for all the greatest world newspaper nerds" (the call letters WGN are an abbreviation for "World's Greatest Newspaper," in reference to the Tribune Company's Chicago Tribune). He then held up a glove, said "my brother is wearing the other one," and put the glove on. He then took the glove off, adding that it was "dirty."

That is the funniest thing I've read in weeks. I hope there is a video of it somewhere.

This is very interesting

Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which can lead you onto

George Hotz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which can lead you onto

LulzSec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which can lead you onto

4chan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which can lead onto this website, which is all kinds of fucked up, DONT CLICK AT WORK

/b/ - Random

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get the feeling someone in my lovely part of town has been dicking around with the Wikipedia article for it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincorth

Kincorth is a suburb located to the south of Aberdeen, Scotland. The name is a corruption of the Scottish Gaelic "Ceann Coirthe", which probably refers to an old pillar or standing stone (coirthe). Kincorth is known as the garden estate of Aberdeen. It also has the wonderful Kincorth hill nature reserve known locally as the Grumps. The area is served by local school Kincorth Academy and home to the worlds top research science learning centere where many of its students went on to build and manage the Large Hadron Collider.

Kincorth is widely known as the nicest area of aberdeen to live in with the largest amount of happieness, lowest crime and best overall feeling of greatness.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Centralia, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll kick off with this one...a US borough which has had a an underground fire burning for years...expected to last, and I quote, another 250-1000 years..!

If the link contains pics which are not work safe, please mark as such.

the BBC have been over and made a film about this place - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19169021

• Upvote 1