aberdeen-music

Good reads on Wikipedia

Adam Easy Wishes

Back when I worked in a guitar shop that will remain nameless, I'd been reading a bio of Crowley when a well spoken woman phoned up and ordered a starter guitar pack. I took her details and when she said "Ms Crowley", I chuckled and told her I'd been reading a bio of a rather famous Crowley. She said she knew him well as he had been her grandfather.

Inevitably, I put 3 packs of strings in the box in a poor attempt at a 666.

Cool story bro.

That was a good read, and quite an interesting coincidence that the first time squad numbers were used was between Sheffield Wednesday and Arsenal in 1928, and then the first time persistent squad numbers were used was between Sheffield Wednesday and Arsenal again in 1993.

Guest idol_wild

A really fucking good footballer and a highly complex character. I always like Stan Collymore's thoughts on talkSPORT; I think he speaks a lot of sense and puts a lot of good points across very eloquently. His passion for the game is rife in every sentence, too, which is always refreshing to hear.

Stan Collymore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's an accompanying video of a game I'm sure most of you are familiar with. Collymore was great in this game. He had this curious technique of being able to put his foot through the ball whilst simultaneously scoop it and curl it. Quite a rare technique. He scored some beezers for Liverpool in particular.

Baby Got Back - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The song opens with two young females discussing the physical appearance of a third female, in particular her buttocks, which they find unfathomably large.

In the opening verse, Sir Mix-a-Lot professes his affinity for large buttocks and his inability to disguise this fact from others. He goes on to describe other desirable physical attributes, such as a trim waistline, tight-fitting garments, and unblemished skin. Though the song does not contain a distinct narrative, the author does visit recurring themes, such as female body image as depicted in media, male attitudes toward dating and relationships, and the authors own sexual prowess.

Inca Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After the fall of the Inca Empire, the new Spanish rulers brutally oppressed the people and suppressed their traditions. Many aspects of Inca culture were systematically destroyed, including their sophisticated farming system. The Spaniards used the Inca mita (mandatory public service) system to literally work the people to death. One member of each family was forced to work in the gold and silver mines, the foremost of which was the titanic silver mine at Potos. When a family member died, which would usually happen within a year or two, the family would be required to send a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...