aberdeen-music

Good reads on Wikipedia

Adam Easy Wishes

• 1 month later...

Richter magnitude scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The table of historical earthquakes is pretty interesting.

Of particularly shock-value (CWIDT), is the Tsar Bomba - the largest nuke ever detonated (50 megaton) - which registered 8.3 on the Richter. This is 100 times greater in magnitude than the earthquake that levelled much of Christchurch a few weeks ago which was only (sic) a 6.3.

Fuck.

Richter magnitude scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The table of historical earthquakes is pretty interesting.

That lead me to this: 2008 Dodecanese earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was in Turkey at the time of this and was woken up by it, stood up, felt like I was moving, got a bit scared and jumped back into bed. I was so sleepy I didn't remember it until I heard someone from the pool say "I was doing a shit and the mirror was moving! Did anyone else feel that???" Haha.

Anyway I'm sure it was in the region of 4 in Turkey.. So I can say I experienced a earthquake of 4 on the richter.

I've experienced a few small ones in Japan. Even the small ones are very unnerving, particularly if they wake you up. The first time it happened I woke up to a vibrating room and a couple of seconds of utter WTF before I realised what was going on.

That's basically what happened to me. Except I didn't realise it. I just went WTF and went to bed, scared.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i've been watching Scottish Killers, the new series on STV, which is, rather predictably, shite. The acting o_O

Anyways, Nilsen was probably our best one right? The one that was on last night was pish.

For the record my favourite serial killer is this charismatic young ne'er do wellJeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As soft spoken as Dahmer was, he always seemed a bit...off. Watch Ted Bundy's final interview. Completely normal, intelligent sounding man that did some atrocious shit.

• 2 months later...